Cloudworx for Revit

Discuss all Leica Geosystems related issues here.
mstachoni
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Matt Stachoni
Company Details: Tutor Perini Corporation
Company Position Title: BIM Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Cloudworx for Revit

Post by mstachoni » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:18 pm

I have zero experience with Revit whatsoever, and I am beginning to feel somewhat lost.
Yep, but son't worry, it only lasts a few months then you start to get a handle on it.

If your experience is largely with AutoCAD, it is a good idea to "unlearn what you have learned" with Revit. It's simply so different that most people get frustrated and fail when trying to apply AutoCAD principals to Revit. You need to learn and use Revit the way it was meant to be used and understand what you can and cannot do with the program - it has way more operational limitations than AutoCAD. That said, it's way way way better in almost every way.

Get training either with an Autodesk reseller or online via LinkedIn Learning - I recommend both. Approach the program with an open mind and listen to the person teaching you.
- Matt

Mark Francis
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Mark Francis
Company Details: Leica Geosystems
Company Position Title: Geomatics Market Segment Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Cloudworx for Revit

Post by Mark Francis » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:23 pm

TimJervis wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:45 pm
There is now a CloudWorx training module on Leica's online training portal. You'll need to register your CloudWorx EID on MyWorld and then you'll get access to the training. The training is AutoCad based but a lot of the functionality is mirrored in other CloudWorx packages (as you've got ultimate I assume the intention is to use it in more than just Revit?) - so I'd start with that in terms of learning CloudWorx. Worth mentioning that being able to use CloudWorx won't make you good at modelling in Revit - it's important to have some competency in Revit (or whatever package you're using) to get the best result. If it were me, I'd read up and get a bit proficient in Revit (without point clouds) and then look to work using point clouds and CloudWorx to build it up.
What Tim says and here's the link - use your same username and password you use for myWorld at https://learning.leica-geosystems.com/login/index.php

Return to “Leica Geosystems”