V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Paul Burrows
Company Details: Leica Geosystems Europe
Company Position Title: Scanning Solutions Manager - Europe
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Leica Cyclone Field 360 App Error

Post by pburrows145 »

Slewis33 wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 8:54 pm I do not see the value of using Field360 with the BLK360 vs using Recap Pro
For context we are a large General Contractor and I view the BLK as a scanner for simpler tasks and model checking. No as-builts, no large scale scan projects. I like it as a tool to check models and identify issues that might need a real scanner to come out and As-Built something.

A few reasons I prefer Recap Pro vs Field 360:
1. faster download times
2. IT blocks wifi connection to Field360
3. Recap Pro is easier to get to the final product of a Recap file
4. Don't see the advantage as everyone in our department has Recap Pro vs only our Reality Capture team has Register 360.
5. I see the BLK as our scanner to send out with anyone or assign to project teams. I don't want a ton of Register 360 licenses, not worth the cost vs Recap.
1. How so? Have you tried a lightning to Ethernet adaptor?
2. Easily remedied? Can you bribe IT? :lol:
3. Ok, if that's your requirement. REG360 now exports to RCP with the Publisher Pro if this is something you might be interested in... cost associated, but the option is there
4. I suppose if your eco-system doesn't play ball, that's understandable...
5. You only need 1 REG360 license for 5 x FIELD 360

:geek:
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1

Post by gsisman »

pburrows145 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:51 am
Slewis33 wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 8:54 pm I do not see the value of using Field360 with the BLK360 vs using Recap Pro
For context we are a large General Contractor and I view the BLK as a scanner for simpler tasks and model checking. No as-builts, no large scale scan projects. I like it as a tool to check models and identify issues that might need a real scanner to come out and As-Built something.

1. faster download times
4. Don't see the advantage as everyone in our department has Recap Pro vs only our Reality Capture team has Register 360.
5. I see the BLK as our scanner to send out with anyone or assign to project teams. I don't want a ton of Register 360 licenses, not worth the cost vs Recap.
3. Ok, if that's your requirement. REG360 now exports to RCP with the Publisher Pro if this is something you might be interested in... cost associated, but the option is there

Paul your number 1 solution- is it possible? I was told it was still wifi only...

The pre-registration would be nice if it is more reliable than the ReCAP solution, but the new recap is supposed to be pretty good
I would have to see a comparison between the transfer times of the Pointclouds from the BLK to Ipad in the field comparing a high res scan for both Recap Mobile & Field 360 (since the latter also has to transfer the entire cloud to the iPAD.)
And then using the WiFi again to get the data into Reg 360.....we'll see
That would be my hesitation unless the Field360 app were able to take advantage of the full WiFi speed of the iPAD Pro which could range from 200-900Mbs depending on your Wifi Card in Laptop/Desktop

Anybody have some side by side benchmark testing on that yet?
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by pburrows145 »

gsisman wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:56 pm

1. faster download times

Paul your number 1 solution- is it possible? I was told it was still wifi only...

The pre-registration would be nice if it is more reliable than the ReCAP solution, but the new recap is supposed to be pretty good
I would have to see a comparison between the transfer times of the Pointclouds from the BLK to Ipad in the field comparing a high res scan for both Recap Mobile & Field 360 (since the latter also has to transfer the entire cloud to the iPAD.)
And then using the WiFi again to get the data into Reg 360.....we'll see
That would be my hesitation unless the Field360 app were able to take advantage of the full WiFi speed of the iPAD Pro which could range from 200-900Mbs depending on your Wifi Card in Laptop/Desktop

Anybody have some side by side benchmark testing on that yet?
I did say "have you tried"... I'm just stating the theoretically possible, as both devices would be on the same network and discoverable. I have not tried this personally, I might add.
Slewis33
I have made 50-60 posts
I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: Shaun Lewis
Company Details: Clark Construciton
Company Position Title: Senior Manager - Reality Capture

Post by Slewis33 »

Sorry for such the late response, missed this earlier.

1. I have not and would be interested in learning more.
2. IT is tough
3. REG360 is great, we love it (except for a few minor things) but going from Field360 to REG360 to Recap is twice as long or even 3x vs Going from Recap to....Recap (we have publisher Pro)
4. 10-4
5. and you have to purchase another Publisher license to get to Recap. Our REG360 license are always in use.
MarkJLane
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Mark Lane
Company Details: Faro Technologies
Company Position Title: ANZ Account Manager

Post by MarkJLane »

Anyone else having issues logging into Field 360? I'm getting "Login Failed: We where (sic) unable to log you in. Please try again later".
I've tried several ipads, confirmed login details, updated app, updated iOS, and still no progress :cry:

Local support can't help either. Anyone from Leica know what the problem is?
Mark Lane
Sydney, Australia
TLS Tools
GeoSLAM
MarkJLane
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Mark Lane
Company Details: Faro Technologies
Company Position Title: ANZ Account Manager

Post by MarkJLane »

Local support provided a solution...simply register your Cyclone EID with Cyclone Cloud.

Apparently you must login to Field 360 at least once a month or your account can be locked out.
Mark Lane
Sydney, Australia
TLS Tools
GeoSLAM
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by pburrows145 »

Mrk wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:43 am Local support provided a solution...simply register your Cyclone EID with Cyclone Cloud.

Apparently you must login to Field 360 at least once a month or your account can be locked out.
Correct, you register your EID's here: https://portal.cyclone-cloud.com/login once you have registered. You then use the same login details to access Cyclone FIELD 360.
phammai_bku
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Mai Pham
Company Details: HCMUT
Company Position Title: HCMUT

Post by phammai_bku »

1. faster download times

Dear Sir,

May I ask where I can read this information "1 REG360 license for 5 x FIELD 360" ?
I also saw "Cyclone FIELD 360 Expires" about 2 months after register, how can I extend it? I thought it's permanent as EID Cyclone REGISTER permanent.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
TimJervis
I have made 80-90 posts
I have made 80-90 posts
Full Name: Tim Jervis
Company Details: Global Survey
Company Position Title: Business Development Manager

Post by TimJervis »

Hi phammai,

When you put your EID into Cyclone Cloud (to get access to Field360) you will see under the license it shows "allowable borrow licenses" where it will say 5 - for 5 logins to Field360.

The expiry of your Field360 login is linked to your CCP, so you will have access to Field360 as long as you have active CCP on your Register licence - that is why it is showing an expiry.
Regards,

Tim

Return to “Leica Geosystems”