Cannot connect to Jetstream

Discuss all Leica Geosystems related issues here.
dineshkimraj
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Dinesh Kimraj
Company Details: Facilities Construction Consultants Ltd
Company Position Title: Senior Reality Capture Tech
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Cannot connect to Jetstream

Post by dineshkimraj »

Good day all
We have two computers that we use for the processing and modelling of scan data. We currently have one license for the various programs we use. It was recommended to us that we should connect both computers to a network and set up the software (CLM for Floating Licenses) so that we can both see which licenses are in use. So basically we set up a license server, with my computer acting as the host.

After a few hiccups we got the programs and licenses to work. However, Jetstream is not working. When we try to connect to the Jetstream Admin server, we get the following error.
Capture.PNG
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dinesh
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

elsonj
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: James Elson
Company Details: SCCS
Company Position Title: HDS Support

Re: Cannot connect to Jetstream

Post by elsonj »

Hi Dinesh,

Can you check that the JetStream Service is running in "Services" ?

Regards

James

DaveWebb
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: David Webb
Company Details: TransGrid
Company Position Title: Senior Surveyor

Post by DaveWebb »

From memory, the jetstream likes have the license on the VM it is installed on. I don’t think it connects properly to a separate VM to get its license

Phil Marsh
Administrator
Administrator
Full Name: Phil Marsh
Company Details: Laser Scanning Forum Ltd
Company Position Title: Technical Director
Skype Name: phil.h.marsh

Post by Phil Marsh »

The Jetstream licenses need to be in a clm where the vault is hosted. This can be different to your normal clm if required so make sure you have the software pointing to the correct CLM.

Msg me if you need some further support :like:
LASER SCANNING FORUM
[email protected]

gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1

Post by gsisman »

dineshkimraj wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:13 pm
Good day all
We have two computers that we use for the processing and modelling of scan data. We currently have one license for the various programs we use. It was recommended to us that we should connect both computers to a network and set up the software (CLM for Floating Licenses) so that we can both see which licenses are in use. So basically we set up a license server, with my computer acting as the host.

After a few hiccups we got the programs and licenses to work. However, Jetstream is not working. When we try to connect to the Jetstream Admin server, we get the following error.

Capture.PNG

Thanks
Dinesh
Dinesh

We've done extensive managing of data in Jetstream using 2-4 workstations as you describe. It was a pain to get all that sorted out.
Our current senario is running the Jetstream Service on a License server (server machine running just for managing licenses for Leica and Autodesk products.
Our Storage vault is a NAS drive that is mapped, however in Jetstream if using a NAS you must identify it with the IP address of the NAS machine ie. \\###.##.#.##\Storage folder name
Otherwise your vault must be a physical drive visible to the license server, as other mentioned (we were able to create a separate Pseudo-physical drive for the License server on the same NAS using the i-SCSI routine
We also had to go into the properties of the service (on the License server and apply a bonafide ADMIN user name login credentials for the service to run and be recognized by remote machines on the network.

Prior to sorting out all that mess though, we ran the Jetstream for several months off one of our Workstation machines as a hosted (identified as you show as localhost") service- when writing to it or viewing from it (Jetstream Viewer. Cloudworks) running it on the computer that the Jetstream Service is installed on (This should have your largest drive and where you can store all your Jetstream Projects (Maybe an attached USB3 External drive?).
On the other Workstation you have to point it to that computer running the service by identifying the other workstation by computer name or IP address NOT "localhost".

pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Paul Burrows
Company Details: Leica Geosystems Europe
Company Position Title: Scanning Solutions Manager - Europe

Post by pburrows145 »

DaveWebb wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:45 pm
From memory, the jetstream likes have the license on the VM it is installed on. I don’t think it connects properly to a separate VM to get its license
Indeed... good shout! :geek:

dineshkimraj
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Dinesh Kimraj
Company Details: Facilities Construction Consultants Ltd
Company Position Title: Senior Reality Capture Tech

Post by dineshkimraj »

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, but I think this is beyond my expertise. I have contacted our local Leica Rep and he should be coming into the office to help sort it out.

ericguizzetti
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Eric Guizzetti
Company Details: Construction and Engineering
Company Position Title: RealityCapture

Post by ericguizzetti »

dineshkimraj wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:19 pm
Thanks for the suggestions everyone, but I think this is beyond my expertise. I have contacted our local Leica Rep and he should be coming into the office to help sort it out.
Curious what the fix was?
Eric Guizzetti
San Diego, CA
Insta: ericguizzetti
Linkedin - https://www.linkedin.com/in/ericguizzetti/

gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1

Post by gsisman »

dineshkimraj wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:13 pm
Good day all

Capture.PNG

Thanks
Dinesh
Dinesh,
wondering about your solution. We have found that we must configure the Jetstream Service to use a bonafide admin login on the machine hosting the Jetstream Enterprise service (under the properties of the service). Once we did that we could access the Jetstream from any computer on the network that could "SEE" the hosted server/Workstation and it's Data Storage Vault. You have to use the machine NAME or IP Address in the path for the storage location if you are using a NAS ,however, for your Jetstream Vault

We have ,however, recently had all kinds of problems with the CLM license server dropping the licenses.
The fix seems to be the following
1. Stop the FLEXNET service (which also stops the Jetstream Service
2. Stop the CLM service
3.Restart the FLEXNET Service
4. Restart the CLM Service
5. Restart the Jetstream Service

I'd like to get a script that would run that in a batch file. Leica HDS Support pointed me to the NEW CLM license server v2.xx but it was bare bones programming compared to the last 1.8.3 version. It also has stopped on us like the older one. We still have v1.8.3 running on our Azure Jetstream server

Return to “Leica Geosystems”