Jetstream question

Discuss all Leica Geosystems related issues here.
SCCS RTC
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Phil Marsh
Company Details: SCCS Survey Equipment Limited
Company Position Title: Reality Capture Manager
Skype Name: Phil.H.Marsh
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Jetstream question

Post by SCCS RTC » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:20 pm

Hi Ioannis,

If you buy a REG360 license this will only allow you to register the data and publish generic file formats like PTS, PTX and e57. You then need to purchase the following licenses to publish everything else.
  • Leica TruView Publisher = TruView Local, Enterprise and Cloud
    Leica JetStream Publisher = JetStream Enterprise
    Leica Publisher Pro = TruView (as above), JetStream (as above) and LGS
Don't forget you can also choose the annual subscription or time-limited options for licensing.

I hope this helps?
SCCS Survey Equipment Limited
M: 07540 201383
E: phil.marsh@sccssurvey.co.uk
W: www.sccsurvey.co.uk

Ioannis
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Ioannis Papas
Company Details: techical office
Company Position Title: CEO
Skype Name: -

Post by Ioannis » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:27 pm

I am still confused..

We will need Jet stream server that has 3 sectors 1) enterprise
2) connector
3) publisher
I must buy the three licenses or must buy just one the publisher in order to take the jsv file?
Why licenses is so tricky i want something simple i think.

TimJervis
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: Tim Jervis
Company Details: Global Survey
Company Position Title: Business Development Manager

Post by TimJervis » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:50 pm

Ioannis wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:27 pm
I am still confused..

We will need Jet stream server that has 3 sectors 1) enterprise
2) connector
3) publisher
I must buy the three licenses or must buy just one the publisher in order to take the jsv file?
Why licenses is so tricky i want something simple i think.
Hi Ioannis,

You're right, the software combinations can be confusing, especially if you're looking at the chart you posted previously, if I were you I'd aim to have a basic understanding of what the different terms mean and then ask questions to your local dealer of what you'd need to generate the deliverables that you want. I think the chart below give a nice outline of the basic content of Leica's software.

For example, if all you want to do is register a pointcloud and provide a free viewer file, then you would only need a license to Register or Register360, and either a JetStream Publisher (to create only a JSV file) or a Publisher Pro (to create an LGS file), although the JetStream Publisher wouldn't be recommended as it's becoming yesterday's technology. You don't need enterprise or connectors, just a publisher to create the file and the viewer is free.

I think you should get back in touch with your local dealer to talk about what your goals are and the different options available to you to deliver those. The benefit of having so many options is that you can find a solution that works for you - but it can be helpful to have a guide to walk you through the process - good luck!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,

Tim

Ioannis
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by Ioannis » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:26 am

Unfortunately as I said above I have spoke to local Leica vendor several times and wait over a month without answers!

TimJervis
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts

Post by TimJervis » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:06 am

Ioannis wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:26 am
Unfortunately as I said above I have spoke to local Leica vendor several times and wait over a month without answers!
Hi Ioanis,

Do you know what you want to get out of your workflow?
Regards,

Tim

Ioannis
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by Ioannis » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:28 am

Yes of course, one surveyor send me a . Jsv file with the portable Jetstream cheer and i have the power to view his pointcloud very easy . I want to do the same only publish Jetstream file from cyclone , I do not want connectors for cloud work or other extra things.. I think I am clear.

TimJervis
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts

Post by TimJervis » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:00 am

Ioannis wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:28 am
Yes of course, one surveyor send me a . Jsv file with the portable Jetstream cheer and i have the power to view his pointcloud very easy . I want to do the same only publish Jetstream file from cyclone , I do not want connectors for cloud work or other extra things.. I think I am clear.
In that case all you'll need is a Register or Register360 license and a Jetstream Publisher license - that is all you need to produce what you have received previously.

However, I would strongly consider the Publisher Pro license instead of the JetStream Publisher so that you can produce an LGS file instead of a JSV file. The LGS can be viewed in the same way as the JSV but has a lot more information, it supersedes the JSV if you like so is a lot more futureproof. I can't say how long the JSV file will last for now that the LGS file is released or if it will receive any further updates - so definitely think about the Publisher Pro option.

All licences are available as permanent licenses + CCP or as a subscription (CCP included) so be sure to ask your dealer for proces for both and choose whichever suits you best.
Regards,

Tim

Return to “Leica Geosystems”