I have made 100> posts
I have made 100> posts
Full Name: Iain Took
Company Details: WMP
Company Position Title: Dogsbody
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Missing RTC360 Project-File for Import in Register360

Post by Tookie »

The link to your screenshot is broken (for me at least).
dineshkimraj
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Dinesh Kimraj
Company Details: Facilities Construction Consultants Ltd
Company Position Title: Senior Reality Capture Tech
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by dineshkimraj »

jamesworrell wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:42 pm
stevenramsey wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:49 pm It's just a pointer for the software to know that the folders in the same location is RTC data.
Personally the arrangement is a pain in the arse .. we copy off the USB's into a folder on an "ingest" workstation .. so we end up with many jobs sitting in the one folder ..

THEN to actually ingest - we are forced to copy the data to a different folder .. either a sub-folder .\CurrentImport .. or on to a different drive (more typically an SSD) .. otherwise - if you "point" R360 at your folder with the project file in it - it wants to load ALL the (completely unrelated) jobs in that folder ..

What was wrong with adding a import-by-folder like damn near every other software platform in existence? The file approach is a messy (horrid UX) complexity that is obviously leading to confusion (ala this thread) or makes a dogs breakfast of your workflow (unrelated jobs)

[edit - just read this back .. probably a bit harsh .. ;-p but yeah my first impression was damn that's "ugly" followed by "why?"]
I had two separate jobs on the flash drive (only noticed this after dragging the file into Reg360). I deleted the unwanted job and dragged the folder into Reg360. It imported no problem. So i'm guessing a work around for now is to copy the separate jobs and the project file to new folders before import?
Tookie
I have made 100> posts
I have made 100> posts
Full Name: Iain Took
Company Details: WMP
Company Position Title: Dogsbody
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by Tookie »

After you have dragged it onto reg360 you can deselect the unwanted job. There are some small tick boxes after the job numbers on the left side of the screen.

Return to “Leica Geosystems”