I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: Matt McDonald
Company Details: BRR Architecture
Company Position Title: Associate
Linkedin Profile: No

Cyclone Field 360 for BLK?

Post by designmule »

Hi all

When Cyclone Field 360 was announced at HXGN 2018 I asked about compatibility with BLK 360 and I was told "not yet". I'm curious if anyone knows more about when or if we will actually see that compatibility.

I'm finishing a couple of large scan jobs this week and though we register using Register 360, the ReCap Pro app still comes in handy for verifying scans...until ReCap crashes or can't register a scan (even though I know I can register it using 360). You can futz with it in ReCap, delete it and rescan, accept the bad registration and keep going (at which point your map view is a mess and subsequent scans won't register), ignore the proposed registration which again your subsequent scans won't register or create a new scan group and move forward and expect that your next scans will register.

These are all viable options but it seems like a waste of time when you intend to Register using Cyclone. The 360 Field app with it's "light" cloud to cloud registration seems like the right solution.

So again, anyone know when or if Field 360 will support BLK?

Thanks everyone
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Paul Burrows
Company Details: Leica Geosystems Europe
Company Position Title: Scanning Solutions Manager - Europe
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Cyclone Field 360 for BLK?

Post by pburrows145 »

Not yet... ;)
designmule
I have made 50-60 posts
I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: Matt McDonald
Company Details: BRR Architecture
Company Position Title: Associate
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by designmule »

Thanks Paul. That's a non-answer I can live with. Really looking forward to "yet" whenever that is. In my opinion Field 360 will really tighten up the BLK workflow.

I'd also like to see a publish to RCP or RCS option or addin to Register 360 if your taking notes. JetStream and CloudWorx look awesome but get super expensive. We view those products as a "down the road" option.
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by pburrows145 »

Have you looked into the new LGS file type + CloudWorx? This requires Cyclone PUBLISHER Pro, but you do not need connector licenses for CloudWorx using this method. Files are for local use (rather than from a central server location), but have the same access speed and performance as JetStream.
steves01x
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Smith
Company Details: Scanning
Company Position Title: Surveyor

Post by steves01x »

pburrows145 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:13 pm Have you looked into the new LGS file type + CloudWorx? This requires Cyclone PUBLISHER Pro, but you do not need connector licenses for CloudWorx using this method. Files are for local use (rather than from a central server location), but have the same access speed and performance as JetStream.
I maybe reading wrongly but so long as you have the Publisher Pro for the LGS export file then you only need to install CloudWorx and not have a license for it as its on your local machine?
geomontgomery
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: George Montgomery
Company Details: ECE Design
Company Position Title: Support Manager

Post by geomontgomery »

steves01x wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:20 pm
pburrows145 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:13 pm Have you looked into the new LGS file type + CloudWorx? This requires Cyclone PUBLISHER Pro, but you do not need connector licenses for CloudWorx using this method. Files are for local use (rather than from a central server location), but have the same access speed and performance as JetStream.
I maybe reading wrongly but so long as you have the Publisher Pro for the LGS export file then you only need to install CloudWorx and not have a license for it as its on your local machine?
It's the JetStream Connector that you don't need with *.LGS, you will still need a CloudWorx for AutoCAD license. Basically you get the same performance as JetStream, but instead of having a JetStream Enterprise server, a jetstream publisher, and jetstream connectors, instead you just have a Publisher Pro license that creates *.LGS files for anyone to view the cloud with CloudWorx for AutoCAD.
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by pburrows145 »

steves01x wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:20 pm
You still need a CloudWorx license.
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1

Post by gsisman »

This is good to know Paul. This is not clearly explained at all.
I didn't know about the "NON-CONNECTOR" attachment of an LGS file.
For a distributed workflow this makes sense.
(We kind of figured it out on our own, but were on the verge of trying to get our IT group to get a bunch of VPN connections into additional workstations on our in-county network and with 3 additional connector licenses so our outside consultants could do work on our Jetstream outputs.)
LGS is basically a Jetstream Portable format with a few other bells and whistles thrown in (Geotags and Images) so just generating those LGS files from Jetstream Admin after the fact , or from Register 360 at the time of generating the Jetstream Server file makes sense.

We will now go back and tweak our immediate workflow to NOT include the connector licenses.
We are also on the verge of spec-ing an additional outside county AMAZON Cloud hosted Jetstream Enterprise, which apparently works but is not supported by Leica.
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by pburrows145 »

gsisman wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:18 pm
This is good to know Paul. This is not clearly explained at all.
I didn't know about the "NON-CONNECTOR" attachment of an LGS file.
For a distributed workflow this makes sense.
(We kind of figured it out on our own, but were on the verge of trying to get our IT group to get a bunch of VPN connections into additional workstations on our in-county network and with 3 additional connector licenses so our outside consultants could do work on our Jetstream outputs.)
LGS is basically a Jetstream Portable format with a few other bells and whistles thrown in (Geotags and Images) so just generating those LGS files from Jetstream Admin after the fact , or from Register 360 at the time of generating the Jetstream Server file makes sense.

We will now go back and tweak our immediate workflow to NOT include the connector licenses.
We are also on the verge of spec-ing an additional outside county AMAZON Cloud hosted Jetstream Enterprise, which apparently works but is not supported by Leica.
You can run JetStream from AWS - we have many customers doing so in Europe. I think we even have a document to help to get this set up... ask your local support team. For a lot of users this is the only way for them to wuickly get data around the region, or even the globe - just make sure you have some good bandwidth! :ugeek:

Return to “Leica Geosystems”