I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Pete
Company Details: Maxwell Construction
Company Position Title: Designer
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: BLK360 - Black areas in scans

Post by plasticman »

Here's an example of the same issue. However the the intensity view from Recap Pro (PC) shows up correctly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
exforma23
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: Eric Ucci
Company Details: Take Shape
Company Position Title: Owner

Post by exforma23 »

This Problem (and a few others) persists after several months. Firmware/software updates have reduced the frequency but the problem still persists. Black voids are still appearing in the scans. Not to mention that the photo "stitching" by the BLK360 is AWFUL. My 6 year old Trimble TX5 (Faro Focus 120) produces far superior scans. Not a fan of the BLK 360.
topogeo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: piercarlo roasio
Company Details: studio roasio
Company Position Title: titolare
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by topogeo »

Have you tried to see these scans with Register360?
I too have problems with stitching and doubling of images in Recap.
But if I load the same scans in Register 360 the images are okay.
It seems to me that this is a problem with Recap that I have already pointed out to Autodesk's support: they were very courteous in their answers and the support says they have passed the reports to the development team.
In fact, the Recap-BLK360 updates (software and firmware) have been thinned out ..
..that is true that Autodek has put a little aside the partneship with Leica ???

Piercarlo
c3d_andyreid
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Andy Reid
Company Details: LandPartners
Company Position Title: CAD Manager

Post by c3d_andyreid »

I've experienced the same issue also.
However we were advised that you need to resync the scan with the BLK while the project is still active in Recap Mobile. It's still on the BLK but hasn't all come across for some reason. It also explains why the data is available in the raw scan data.
I haven't had a chance to test this myself but feel free to let us know if it works.
shesper
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Sam Hesper
Company Details: CRKennedy
Company Position Title: Sales Consultant

Post by shesper »

I have found that the black areas in the image are caused by poor wifi connection between the iPad and the BLK360 during field capture. To avoid this keep the iPad within a few meters of the scanner when performing a survey and preferably not directly under the scanner as there could be a wifi shadow zone directly below the unit. You have the option to re-sync individual scans within the ReCap app on the iPad prior to processing the data on your PC which should fix the problem.

I have found that only the imagery is affected, the point cloud data always transfers well. If you experience this problem (black portion of the image) then any points in the point cloud data within that black area are coloured black, thereby causing a section of the final registered point cloud to be black (when viewing the RGB colour mapping). If you switch to an intensity based colour map then the black area is not visible. Hope this helps.
markscan
I have made 80-90 posts
I have made 80-90 posts
Full Name: Marco Dileo
Company Details: ARcontrol
Company Position Title: Architect

Post by markscan »

shesper wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:37 pm I have found that the black areas in the image are caused by poor wifi connection between the iPad and the BLK360 during field capture. To avoid this keep the iPad within a few meters of the scanner when performing a survey and preferably not directly under the scanner as there could be a wifi shadow zone directly below the unit. You have the option to re-sync individual scans within the ReCap app on the iPad prior to processing the data on your PC which should fix the problem.

I have found that only the imagery is affected, the point cloud data always transfers well. If you experience this problem (black portion of the image) then any points in the point cloud data within that black area are coloured black, thereby causing a section of the final registered point cloud to be black (when viewing the RGB colour mapping). If you switch to an intensity based colour map then the black area is not visible. Hope this helps.
Wow! Thank you.
I thought it was caused by HDR or direct light (sun) exposure. I'll definitely try to re-import the scan.

Return to “Leica Geosystems”