I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts
Full Name: Robin Ault
Company Details: Downland Partnership
Company Position Title: Director
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Leica Cyclone REGISTER 360

Post by robin ault »

Cannot find the dowload for REGESTER 360, could be me,but i do find the leica website a bit of a muddle.
Any idea if it is there and im just being a bit thick or has it dissapeared.

Rob
carloscadel
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Carlos Cazallas Delfa
Company Details: Site Engineering Surveys Ltd
Company Position Title: CAD Technician
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by carloscadel »

In my case I have installed the latest version of the CLM on my machine and on the server, where we host the Cyclone licenses. I've checked for updates for each of the licenses we own, I've rehost them, I've installed Cyclone 9.2 and Cyclone REGISTER. Now from my computer I can only grab the BASIC license when using Cyclone 9.2 or 9.1.6, but not the register or the publisher licenses. Cyclone REGISTER 360 can't even find our server. Funny thing, from other computers where I haven't uninstalled these newer versions of Cyclone keep working "fine" ("fine" is an overstatement for a Leica product).

I'm so annoyed with uninstalling/installing/restarting-PC/trying to get a response from HDSSupport... This is one of those days wasted just because we are working with unfinished products from a company that is obviously not investing enough money on developing with good quality and good standards. With Leica it's never straight forward and I thought their motto was "when it has to be right", what a joke...
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Paul Burrows
Company Details: Leica Geosystems Europe
Company Position Title: Scanning Solutions Manager - Europe

Post by pburrows145 »

From my understanding, UK HDS Support has now resolved this issue. Can you confirm?
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by pburrows145 »

robin ault wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:45 am Cannot find the dowload for REGESTER 360, could be me,but i do find the leica website a bit of a muddle.

Rob
It's currently only available via myWorld.

It will be available from this location shortly, but currently the link is not working. We are working with the web-team to resolve as far as possible.

http://leica-geosystems.com/products/la ... gister-360
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by pburrows145 »

kendecamp wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:32 pm I went to myworld last night...wouldn't successfully download.

Went there today and it's not even there to download. What is up?
Ensure you have the filter selected to "all" in the version "box". Then REGISTER 360 should show up correctly. If you still have issues, please let me know.
Mark Francis
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter
Full Name: Mark Francis
Company Details: Leica Geosystems
Company Position Title: Geomatics Market Segment Manager

Post by Mark Francis »

robin ault wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:45 am Cannot find the dowload for REGESTER 360, could be me,but i do find the leica website a bit of a muddle.

Rob
Hi Robin, Cyclone Register 360 is there but hidden at first. It caught me out too until Paul Burrows reminded me. The Release No. defaults to the latest so you have to select [All] like in this screenshot to see Cyclone Register 360
Cyclone Register 360 on Leica myWorld.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by pburrows145 »

Mark Francis wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:49 pm

Rob
Hi Robin, Cyclone Register 360 is there but hidden at first. It caught me out too until Paul Burrows reminded me. The Release No. defaults to the latest so you have to select [All] like in this screenshot to see Cyclone Register 360
Cyclone Register 360 on Leica myWorld.JPG
Thanks Mark :D
Phil Marsh
Administrator
Administrator
Full Name: Phil Marsh
Company Details: Laser Scanning Forum Ltd
Company Position Title: Director
Skype Name: phil.h.marsh

Post by Phil Marsh »

carloscadel wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:42 pm In my case I have installed the latest version of the CLM on my machine and on the server, where we host the Cyclone licenses. I've checked for updates for each of the licenses we own, I've rehost them, I've installed Cyclone 9.2 and Cyclone REGISTER. Now from my computer I can only grab the BASIC license when using Cyclone 9.2 or 9.1.6, but not the register or the publisher licenses. Cyclone REGISTER 360 can't even find our server. Funny thing, from other computers where I haven't uninstalled these newer versions of Cyclone keep working "fine" ("fine" is an overstatement for a Leica product).

I'm so annoyed with uninstalling/installing/restarting-PC/trying to get a response from HDSSupport... This is one of those days wasted just because we are working with unfinished products from a company that is obviously not investing enough money on developing with good quality and good standards. With Leica it's never straight forward and I thought their motto was "when it has to be right", what a joke...
Hi Carlos,

You need to have a valid CCP for Cyclone-Register to gain access to the new Cyclone REGISTER 360 software.
LASER SCANNING FORUM
[email protected]
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by pburrows145 »

https://scanswfs.leica-geosystems.com/dl/3PDh9pbDnr

You can download REGISTER 360 from the link above if you have issues with the website or myWorld.

The Cyclone 9.2 installer is here:

https://scanswfs.leica-geosystems.com/dl/b4YcaOAU2F

Please let me know if you have any issues eith these links. They were both functioning at 8pm PST this evening.
jmiller2103
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: Jay Miller
Company Details: Madigan Surveying
Company Position Title: Surveyor draftsman 3D modeler

Post by jmiller2103 »

Bravo to Leica on reducing the importing times and unlocking all cores!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have noticed with register360 the project created is locked to the computer it is created on. Once create it cannot be opened up on another machine. This makes the moving or sharing of databases a bit more difficult, only once imported (which the file name seems to be completely random and would be alot simpler if it retained the project name set), back into Cyclone can the data then be shared as a .imp file.

Also with register360 you seem to lose a few functions from cyclone such as weighting, optimising cloud constraint. Maybe a possibility for the future.

It seems to be a small learning curve and only a few kinks to figure out. Love the ease of viewing the collected data and the speed of registration. It will reduce office hours dramatically!!

Would love to hear peoples views on leica cyclone 9.2 and reister360 and their workflows.

Thanks
Jay

Return to “Leica Geosystems”