I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Warren Gunn
Company Details: Technical Spatial Pty Ltd
Company Position Title: Director - Spatial Professional
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Leica Cyclone REGISTER 360

Post by warren gunn »

Hi Paul, do you have any info on what services will be available on Cyclone Cloud, and what's available at present, I have applied for a demo EID however no reply from Leica so far?

Cheers

Warren Gunn
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Paul Burrows
Company Details: Leica Geosystems Europe
Company Position Title: Scanning Solutions Manager - Europe

Post by pburrows145 »

jmiller2103 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:26 am Bravo to Leica on reducing the importing times and unlocking all cores!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have noticed with register360 the project created is locked to the computer it is created on. Once create it cannot be opened up on another machine. This makes the moving or sharing of databases a bit more difficult, only once imported (which the file name seems to be completely random and would be alot simpler if it retained the project name set), back into Cyclone can the data then be shared as a .imp file.

Also with register360 you seem to lose a few functions from cyclone such as weighting, optimising cloud constraint. Maybe a possibility for the future.

It seems to be a small learning curve and only a few kinks to figure out. Love the ease of viewing the collected data and the speed of registration. It will reduce office hours dramatically!!

Would love to hear peoples views on leica cyclone 9.2 and reister360 and their workflows.

Thanks
Jay
Thanks for the feedback Jay.
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by pburrows145 »

JLarson wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:06 pm I've downloaded and installed. I tried importing a P20 project where we used our typical "traversing" method with setup, and targets at BS and FS. 360 didn't seem to know how to deal with this. There is a note in the release notes on targets, that a minimum of three are needed. So question is: does 360 even support our normal workflow? Do we need to go to a free station/resection type method? To me, this would defeat one of the strengths of Leica scanners, treating them like traditional survey instruments. With free station method i would need to setup six targets vs. two for traversing. This seems like a big step backwards in productivity to me.
Hi Jason, the goal of REGISTER 360 is to reduce the complexity and increase the speed of registration. This is a simple sentence but packs in lots of design decisions that lead to complementary workflows with Cyclone REGISTER.

In more detail, to import field traverses, you can drag and drop your ScanStation project into the import panel, select “pre-registered” when importing this data into Cyclone REGISTER360, and this will create bundles.

You can accept these “as imported” or you can optimize the links (break, delete) using either visual alignments or split-view on the data to get your desired results. If the overlaps are strong, REGISTER 360 will also automatically find candidate links for you. In general, we hope customers will find the new notion of links (an aggregate of all types of constraints between setups) and the visual QA/QC tool (TruSlicer) to be useful in validating and reporting the results of field work and final registration.

Now if you are a target-based user, then yes, we require 3 targets per set-up to ensure the registration runs correctly. As we do offer auto-target extraction at import, you can then run additional cloud-to-cloud optimizations on top of this, as you might do in Cyclone REGISTER.

Remember, at import you can also take full advantage of the power of “Smart Align”. You can either use a blank image, or select a background map using the new “dynamic map” function (or even import your own base-mapping/drawing), and drag and drop your scan positions into roughly the right location, or let the software take care of this and choose by time or distance.

This is only the first release and we look forward to hearing more feedback from the user community to help shape the product into the future. If you’re a hardcore REGISTER user, then REGISTER 360 will not have all the features you are currently used to: which is why we have the ability to pull a REGISTER 360 project directly into Cyclone REGISTER so you can take advantage of the pro-users tools there-in.

Please feel free to contact Guy Cutting or myself if you have any questions.

If you’d like to see the software in action then we have a webinar this week hosted by Guy. You can “REGISTER” for that event here: https://register.gotowebinar.com/regist ... 360webinar
Last edited by pburrows145 on Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by pburrows145 »

warren gunn wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:45 pm Hi Paul, do you have any info on what services will be available on Cyclone Cloud, and what's available at present, I have applied for a demo EID however no reply from Leica so far?

Cheers

Warren Gunn
TruView Cloud for the meantime. You would normally get an email within a few minutes or so. Please check your spam/junk and also request access again.
RHadf86
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Ross Hadford
Company Details: Challenger Geomatics
Company Position Title: Project Manager

Post by RHadf86 »

Does anyone know if Cyclone 9.2 requires an update on the license server, or an active maintenance subscription? We've installed 9.2 and used the same license server just as we've done in the past upgrading between versions, but it will not allow us to use our survey or register license.

I know that REGISTER-360 requires an active CCP, but I couldn't find an answer if 9.2 does too.

Any insights would be appreciated.
SAttaya
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: SAttaya
Company Details: Sev1Tech
Company Position Title: Sr Software Analyst-RemoteSensingEngr
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by SAttaya »

pburrows145 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:21 pmRe: Leica Cyclone REGISTER 360

by pburrows145 » 23 Oct 2017 12:21 ...

If you’d like to see the software in action then we have a webinar next week hosted by Guy. You can “REGISTER” for that event here: https://register.gotowebinar.com/regist ... 360webinar
I think you meant this week, "Wed, Oct 25, 2017 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM CDT".
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1

Post by gsisman »

I thought this was last week, but when I signed in, it said the host had canceled
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by pburrows145 »

gsisman wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:38 pm I thought this was last week, but when I signed in, it said the host had canceled
Wed, Oct 25, 2017 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM PDT - apologies
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by pburrows145 »

RHadf86 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:42 pm Does anyone know if Cyclone 9.2 requires an update on the license server, or an active maintenance subscription? We've installed 9.2 and used the same license server just as we've done in the past upgrading between versions, but it will not allow us to use our survey or register license.

I know that REGISTER-360 requires an active CCP, but I couldn't find an answer if 9.2 does too.

Any insights would be appreciated.
Yes, Cyclone 9.2 is a major release so it does require an active maintenance subscription.
GSPhoenix3
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: George Phoenix
Company Details: Port Authority of NY and NJ
Company Position Title: Senior Engineering Survey Supervisor

Post by GSPhoenix3 »

pburrows145 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:25 am
gsisman wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:38 pm I thought this was last week, but when I signed in, it said the host had canceled
Wed, Oct 25, 2017 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM PDT - apologies
Is this webinar available anywhere for viewing?
Thanks
If a man speaks in the woods and there is no woman there to hear him, is he still wrong?

Return to “Leica Geosystems”