I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Lukas Zielinski
Company Details: Glencore
Company Position Title: Project Manager
Linkedin Profile: No

Cyclone 9 export

Post by L00K »

Hi,

i'm quite new to Cyclone and still try to get full overview over workflow. Anyway, i have imported all scans and photos from iSTAR. Merged those to and did registration. At the and Freezed, created ModelSpace and Unified scans. And here starts problems. I have used 3 days allready on exporting pointcloud to PTS/PTX. Problems is with colours. I get one colour pointsky (imported to Navisworks). In Cyclone ModelSpace View all is colored and looks nice, but export is a disaster.
What do i do wrong? Did i forget something? How can i export poitcloud to pts/ptx files with colours? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

best regards
Lukas
jessesun
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: jian sun
Company Details: Leica Geosystems Inc
Company Position Title: software enigneer
Skype Name: [email protected]

Re: Cyclone 9 export

Post by jessesun »

could you post few lines from the pts/ptx file?
jian
jamesworrell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: James Worrell
Company Details: Bennett and Francis
Company Position Title: Director
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by jamesworrell »

Chances are if you are playing in Navis .. you are also playing in AutoCAD or Revit?

Either way .. export to E57 .. then fire up Recap and import that (skip registration) .. then link to Navis, Autocad, Revit et al.

The gridded version of the data - not unified - will give you the mirror balls / kind of street view gig in Recap ..

But in Recap - you can also decimate and save as unified to get a little more performance.
L00K
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts

Post by L00K »

jessesun wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:57 pm could you post few lines from the pts/ptx file?
Do you mean like from notebook??
L00K
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts

Post by L00K »

jamesworrell wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:52 am Chances are if you are playing in Navis .. you are also playing in AutoCAD or Revit?

Either way .. export to E57 .. then fire up Recap and import that (skip registration) .. then link to Navis, Autocad, Revit et al.

The gridded version of the data - not unified - will give you the mirror balls / kind of street view gig in Recap ..

But in Recap - you can also decimate and save as unified to get a little more performance.
Jeep, Autocad Plant 3D, inventor anf revit.

Do not i need to do registration in cyclone first? Does Recap does the rest? I'm quite new to recap too. Does this need scanning with targets or Recap manage to do cloud2cloud reg?
Before i used to export to e57 and convert it to rps so that navisworks can read it- nothing more.
Lately i tried to go directly to navisworks by exporting to pts but as you can read...i do not have abny colours..see attachments...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jamesworrell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: James Worrell
Company Details: Bennett and Francis
Company Position Title: Director
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by jamesworrell »

Rego in cyclone .. all you are looking to do is ''convert" to Recap .. just need e57 as intermediate step ..

I imagine Recap export is coming, I think Autodesk released the SDK, and it came up at hexagon as a wish list item from memory ..

Return to “Leica Geosystems”