Leica Cyclone REGISTER 360

Discuss all Leica Geosystems related issues here.
Post Reply
User avatar
SCCS HDS
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:30 am
Full Name: Phil Marsh
Company Details: SCCS
Company Position Title: HDS Manager
Country: UK
Skype Name: Phil.H.Marsh
Linkedin Profile: Yes
Location: Barnsley, UK
Contact:

Leica Cyclone REGISTER 360

Post by SCCS HDS » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:17 pm

Image
Leica Cyclone REGISTER 360 is the latest upgrade to the number one 3D laser scanning point cloud registration software, Cyclone REGISTER. This all-new product built from the ground-up brings with it all-new capabilities from simple, guided workflows to automated registration and client-ready deliverables with the click of a button.

REGISTER 360 empowers users of any skill-level to work smarter, deliver results more accurately, visualise in more detail and collaborate more effectively—placing the user at the centre of their projects.

Whether deployed as a stand-alone solution or as part of an end-to-end integrated laser scanning solution, Cyclone REGISTER 360 is your fastest and easiest option to get the job done right, the first time.
Source: http://leica-geosystems.com/products/la ... gister-360
SCCS - The Survey Equipment Company l Sales, Hire & Support l Leica HDS Laser Scanning
T: 01480 404888 l M: 07540 201383 l E: phil.marsh@sccssurvey.co.uk
W: www.sccsurvey.co.uk/hds l N: SCCS News l T: @SCCSHDS

Image

robin ault
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:22 pm
Full Name: Robin Ault
Company Details: Downland Partnership
Company Position Title: Scann manager
Country: uk
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Leica Cyclone REGISTER 360

Post by robin ault » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:56 pm

Any idea when its available ?

Mark Francis
I have made 60-70 posts
I have made 60-70 posts
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:53 pm
Full Name: Mark Francis
Company Details: Leica Geosystems
Company Position Title: Account Manager
Country: UK
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Leica Cyclone REGISTER 360

Post by Mark Francis » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:01 pm

robin ault wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:56 pm
Any idea when its available ?
Planned for holiday season, late August. But don't shoot the messenger if it's late :lol:

jmiller2103
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu May 18, 2017 4:16 am
Full Name: Jay Miller
Company Details: Madigan Surveying
Company Position Title: Surveyor draftsman 3D modeler
Country: Australia
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Leica Cyclone REGISTER 360

Post by jmiller2103 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:42 am

Here is a link that gives more information on the upcoming cyclone register360:

http://www.spar3d.com/news/software/lei ... newsletter

'the software is fast enough that it can take you from loading your scans to publishing a final deliverable in under five minutes."

They are very confident in their new update! I am looking forward to testing that 5 minute theory haha

Jamesrye
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:13 pm
Full Name: James Rye
Company Details: Merrett Survey Partnership
Company Position Title: Spatial Analyst

Re: Leica Cyclone REGISTER 360

Post by Jamesrye » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:02 am

Having read that Spar3d.com article, I can see that this is a separate program to Cyclone - not a replacement, sort of a Cyclone Lite.

"However, there’s one big reason to use Cyclone REGISTER 360: speed. Khan says that the software is fast enough that it can take you from loading your scans to publishing a final deliverable in under five minutes. He also stressed that this is still a Cyclone product, so users can move data back and forth as the project (and the expertise of the user) dictates."

That's interesting, could you register in "Cyclone classic" and then open that project in "Cyclone REGISTER 360" so that you can export the data more rapidly and get the new reports? I'm currently spending a great deal of time exporting my point cloud and then re-importing it into RECAP, which more and more customers are requesting as their deliverable format. Any improvement in publishing time would be welcome.

User avatar
Phil Marsh
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:28 pm
Full Name: Phil Marsh
Company Details: Laser Scanning Forum Ltd
Company Position Title: Technical Director
Country: UK
Skype Name: phil.h.marsh
Linkedin Profile: Yes
Location: Barnsley, UK
Contact:

Re: Leica Cyclone REGISTER 360

Post by Phil Marsh » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:11 am

Jamesrye wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:02 am
Having read that Spar3d.com article, I can see that this is a separate program to Cyclone - not a replacement, sort of a Cyclone Lite.

"However, there’s one big reason to use Cyclone REGISTER 360: speed. Khan says that the software is fast enough that it can take you from loading your scans to publishing a final deliverable in under five minutes. He also stressed that this is still a Cyclone product, so users can move data back and forth as the project (and the expertise of the user) dictates."

That's interesting, could you register in "Cyclone classic" and then open that project in "Cyclone REGISTER 360" so that you can export the data more rapidly and get the new reports? I'm currently spending a great deal of time exporting my point cloud and then re-importing it into RECAP, which more and more customers are requesting as their deliverable format. Any improvement in publishing time would be welcome.
I would guess this is just the first of many changes we'll see to Cyclone in the near future. Importing speeds will get quicker, processing times will get shorter and point clouds will get richer and smoother to work with. :ugeek:

Rikore
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Posts: 166
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:48 pm
Full Name: Bruce Yager
Company Details: Rikore Geomatics
Company Position Title: Department Head
Country: USA
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Leica Cyclone REGISTER 360

Post by Rikore » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:28 pm

Just returning from HxGN LIve in Las Vegas where they had demos and classes on Register 360. It is a little brother of Cyclone. We were told those that have a current CCP of Register you will be able to get the 360 version. Pretty fast. Cylone 9.1.6 we were told will be 2x as fast for imports.

tomii7
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:38 am
Full Name: Tom Gerlich
Company Details: Hobs Studio
Company Position Title: laser scanning surveyor
Country: PL UK
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Leica Cyclone REGISTER 360

Post by tomii7 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:34 pm

guys,
Leica Cyclone register 360 has got a few important things:
- the better engine for the visual matching scans group
- legible survey/registration report
- more user-friendly features!
and more :)
I can't wait for updates!
--
regards,
Tomasz Gerlich

contact emails:
tomasz.gerlich[at]hobsstudio.com tomaszgerlich[at]gmail.com
Hobs Studio, Manchester

User avatar
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Posts: 1338
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:16 am
Full Name: Paul Burrows
Company Details: Leica Geosystems UK Limited
Company Position Title: EMEA Business Manager HDS
Country: UK
Skype Name: pburrows145
Linkedin Profile: Yes
Location: UK

Re: Leica Cyclone REGISTER 360

Post by pburrows145 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:49 pm

Rikore wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:28 pm
Just returning from HxGN LIve in Las Vegas where they had demos and classes on Register 360. It is a little brother of Cyclone. We were told those that have a current CCP of Register you will be able to get the 360 version. Pretty fast. Cylone 9.1.6 we were told will be 2x as fast for imports.
Correct: if you have a current CCP for Cyclone Register, you will have access to Register 360. You cannot run them concurrently, but data will be interchangeable between the packages. More details on this will follow soon.

Ability to push data directly to JetStream, TruView (class, global and cloud), plus other 3rd party formats in one "hit" is most welcome.

The reporting feature was exciting to many at HxGN Live also.

It offers full multi-threading across all cores, where your machine supports this.

Great complimentary solution for BLK360 and ScanStation also.

What does everyone make of the new look interface?

User avatar
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Posts: 1338
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:16 am
Full Name: Paul Burrows
Company Details: Leica Geosystems UK Limited
Company Position Title: EMEA Business Manager HDS
Country: UK
Skype Name: pburrows145
Linkedin Profile: Yes
Location: UK

Re: Leica Cyclone REGISTER 360

Post by pburrows145 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:58 pm


Post Reply

Return to “Leica Geosystems”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests