Skip registration on Cyclone Register 360?

3DVEM, Leica Cyclone, FARO Scene, LFM Suite, Autodesk ReCAP, Riegl RiScan Pro, Trimble RealWorks, Etc.
Darius_bd
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Darius Blackdeer
Company Details: ---
Company Position Title: Architect

Skip registration on Cyclone Register 360?

Post by Darius_bd » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:46 pm

So I'm a Recap user and when creating a new project one can skip registration. Is such thing possible in Cyclone Register 360? I cant find any option for that and the "finalize" button is grayed out (I guess is expecting me to register everything).

I just simply want to put all my BLK360 scans into one E57 file without using Recap. I think I can only do that with CR360 but these are standalone scans, not related one another. Does anyone has any idea how to do this?

Thanks!

geomontgomery
I have made 100> posts
I have made 100> posts
Full Name: George Montgomery
Company Details: ECE Design
Company Position Title: Support Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Skip registration on Cyclone Register 360?

Post by geomontgomery » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:29 pm

You could create multiple sitemaps in Reg 360 before exporting. Reg 360 expects a bundle in a sitemap, that's why it's not letting you finalize.

But for what you're doing, you might want to just import into a Cyclone IMP, then export the imp to e57.

Darius_bd
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts

Post by Darius_bd » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:14 pm

Thanks for your help! Indeed, after adding each scan (45) to a different site map it let me "finalize" but then I have to do a publish for each scan. UGH!. Is there a way to just make a bundle of randomly registered scans by chance?

Or, what software are you showing there? And how would be the workflow from the BLK 360 to E57? I guess you rather mean to export (from Register 360?) to an IMP and import it into... Cyclone what?

Tookie
I have made 80-90 posts
I have made 80-90 posts
Full Name: Iain Took
Company Details: WMP
Company Position Title: Dogsbody
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by Tookie » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:18 pm

Darius_bd wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:14 pm
Thanks for your help! Indeed, after adding each scan (45) to a different site map it let me "finalize" but then I have to do a publish for each scan. UGH!. Is there a way to just make a bundle of randomly registered scans by chance?

Or, what software are you showing there? And how would be the workflow from the BLK 360 to E57? I guess you rather mean to export (from Register 360?) to an IMP and import it into... Cyclone what?
You can put the BLK data straight into cyclone and then export from there.. you might have to do the scans individually there though.

geomontgomery
I have made 100> posts
I have made 100> posts

Post by geomontgomery » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:47 pm

Darius_bd wrote:

Instead of cyclone register 360, there's another program called "Cyclone" that lets you do more stuff. With a license of Cyclone Register, there's some functionality you have access to in Cyclone. This link shows the feature matrix for your reference: https://leica-geosystems.com/-/media/Fi ... 78A3C651BA

So with Register, you can export e57 in Cyclone.

Here's a gif on how to create *imp file in Cyclone, and get to the BLK360 import, either directly off the scanner, or from the *.blk files. https://gfycat.com/HardGlisteningKoodoo
Last edited by geomontgomery on Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darius_bd
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts

Post by Darius_bd » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:01 pm

Many thanks to both of you!

I got to say, I think of myself as a techie geeky but seeing how difficult is to put a licence into Cyclone made me wonder that I got pampered by easy to use software such as Autodesk family. Pretty much just download and run. I'm having a hard time trying to make Cyclone do more than just a viewer, and I'm not even sure that can be done with a trial licence of Register 360...

So, if I may ask, is there a straightforward way to make scans with my BLK 360 and end up with one e57 file with all the scans done, without using Recap? And ideally, without buying additional software/licences?

If there's no option but to use Cyclone, can I do the BLK360->E57 with a trial licence? I want to test that it works before paying more money...

geomontgomery
I have made 100> posts
I have made 100> posts

Post by geomontgomery » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:19 pm

Darius_bd wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:01 pm
So, if I may ask, is there a straightforward way to make scans with my BLK 360 and end up with one e57 file with all the scans done, without using Recap?
Cyclone is the best way to go to from BLK > E57, since you're not registering. I need to correct an earlier post I made - Cyclone REGISTER 360 does not unlock the functionality you need in Cyclone, only Cyclone Register will. I'd suggest getting a trial of Cyclone Register, instead of Register 360 for what you are wanting to accomplish. Cyclone Register also allows you to use that same license to run Register 360 as well.

Darius_bd
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts

Post by Darius_bd » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:34 pm

Ah perfect! That would explain why I was failing at making Cyclone to work. It's a bit confusing all the progressive names for different apps, even more when Cyclone itself runs with different modules... Leica, streamline your software!

A thousand thanks for bearing with me! Actually your gif makes it look very simple, specially if no registering is included. (Tho I guess the scans will be indexed?)

gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1

Post by gsisman » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:11 am

geomontgomery wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:47 pm
Darius_bd wrote:

Instead of cyclone register 360, there's another program called "Cyclone" that lets you do more stuff. With a license of Cyclone Register, there's some functionality you have access to in Cyclone. This link shows the feature matrix for your reference: https://leica-geosystems.com/-/media/Fi ... 78A3C651BA

So with Register, you can export e57 in Cyclone.

Here's a gif on how to create *imp file in Cyclone, and get to the BLK360 import, either directly off the scanner, or from the *.blk files. https://gfycat.com/HardGlisteningKoodoo

George and Darius

We had the same workflow and growing pains going from ReCAP to Register 360
First I think the Leica Matrix is a bit mis-leading.
The Register 360 Software comes with a Cyclone Basic license also (Reg 360 is an Add-on to that on the Licenses server or local License manager)
The basic license is essentially a viewer and allows virtually no functionality outside of that UNLESS you have a Publisher license or Publisher Pro License ($2K/yr - which then lets you output formats: Jetstream Local-Truview local, LGS and other Enterprise server formats).
You may be able to Import the BLK360 files into Cyclone Basic and then export them individually, but not sure you can do them in bulk. I think I tried that already. Cyclone Register will set you back $10K versus a year subscription on Reg 360 for about $2K

One work around could be this:
If you have Autodesk Products, make yourself a grid of 45 points in CAD with separation between the points, Take a snapshot of it and use the screen shot as a back map image in a NEW Site map in Register 360. Since you have all the Scans separated in separate site maps you should be able to drag them into the new site map one by one and place each one over a Control point on the image background
If your 45 BLK scans are on there own coordinate system each (not relative to each other or immaterial to each other)-you can create an export text file of those 45 points from CAD (*.CSV with PtNo,N,E,Elv, D) one point for the scanner head position of each scan-,then import the control file into that NEW site map that has all 45 scans -each scan has to have a virtual control point matching the point number of a point in the control file. Register 360 allows you to export multiple SiteMaps/Bundles (in this case your "Bundle" is ONE scan) IF the sitemaps/bundles are registered to the SAME control file.
You SHOULD be able to export them all as separate *.E57 files or one Bundled *.E57 file
I have not personally done this yet ,but it is on my testing listand theorateically should work

Someone needs to come up with just a simple *.BLK file to *.e57 converter which would eliminate a whole lot of workflow headaches with the BLK. BUT, that would allow us NOT to have to have Leica software for importing raw data into processing software.......which is no-where on Leica's radar

Return to “Registration Software”