Cyclone Register 360 not reading .blk files

3DVEM, Leica Cyclone, FARO Scene, LFM Suite, Autodesk ReCAP, Riegl RiScan Pro, Trimble RealWorks, Etc.
dcramps
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Dan Crampton
Company Details: CSArch
Company Position Title: Revit Tech

Cyclone Register 360 not reading .blk files

Post by dcramps » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:45 pm

Hi, I was curious if anyone has encountered this problem or knows how to hopefully solve it.

I took a bunch of scans yesterday then uploaded them from the Leica BLK360 to my home computer, placed the uploaded .blk files onto an external harddrive and took them to work. I have done this multiple times before and it has worked fine. However, none of the scans will import into cyclone register that were on the harddrive (taken yesterday). I also took scans today, imported them from the BLK360 straight to the computer and they import into cyclone register 360 perfectly fine. When I drag the files from the harddrive to the import window the load pop up screen comes up for a split second then nothing happens.

I have tried this on another computer and restarting and cant tell what is different from the files that I uploaded yesterday and the files I took today besides the fact that they have moved. Any help appreciated, hoping not to lose 100+ scans because of this. Thanks!

geomontgomery
I have made 70-80 posts
I have made 70-80 posts
Full Name: George Montgomery
Company Details: ECE Design
Company Position Title: Support Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Cyclone Register 360 not reading .blk files

Post by geomontgomery » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:21 pm

This and your other forum thread sound like maybe the issue is with your version of Register 360, I'd check to make sure you're on the latest version 1.5.1.

dcramps
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Dan Crampton
Company Details: CSArch
Company Position Title: Revit Tech

Re: Cyclone Register 360 not reading .blk files

Post by dcramps » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:59 pm

geomontgomery you were correct. I had version 1.4.3, once I installed the new version it worked fine. Thanks for the help!

Return to “Registration Software”