Faro Scene Registration Issues

3DVEM, Leica Cyclone Register 360, FARO Scene, LFM Suite, Autodesk ReCAP, Riegl RiScan Pro, Trimble RealWorks, Etc.
daz18983
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Darren Grears
Company Details: Atkins
Company Position Title: CAE Lead
Skype Name: darren.grears
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Faro Scene Registration Issues

Post by daz18983 »

Hi

I was wondering if someone could help tell me what I'm missing/doing wrong when registering some clusters together in Faro Scene 6.1.0.29.

I've attempted to register 2 clusters together using both automatic and manual target methods. In automatic both forcing named correspondences as well as top down and cloud to cloud all with the same results. It appears that neither of the clusters want to move and I can't figure out why?

The reference cluster should the one named DEBay_GeoRef and I want High Level Walkway to move over (see image) As you can see on the registration result image there maintains a large difference between the 2 which will be km's in length!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've never seen this happen before and I have been registering other projects today, the same way with no issues.

Many Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tsjerkdezwart
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: Tsjerk de Zwart
Company Details: 3DX3
Company Position Title: owner

Re: Faro Scene Registration Issues

Post by tsjerkdezwart »

Darren,

did you try moving the cluster manually in correspondence view, alligning both clusters in top view and front view roughly? If that works out ok, you can do a cloud to cloud registration for fine adjustment.
daz18983
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts

Post by daz18983 »

I've dug a little deeper, it would appear that the red lines showing the lack of correspondence isnt between the 2 clusters I am attempting to register but the fact that it's moved one of the scans inside DEBay_GeoRef to correspond with the High Level Walkway scans. I'm not sure how this is possible though as the scanmanager inside the DEBay_GeoRef cluster is locked?

Also it's moved said scan to High Level Walkway's location even though it is not the reference scan? basically all roads point to it not being able to move yet it's done the complete opposite to what I require?

Strange??
daz18983
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts

Post by daz18983 »

resolved!!

Convoluted issue it would seem. Basically the scan I was using in the reference cluster had actually been manually transformed. Therefore the registration results where actually correct based on the situation the clusters had found themselves in. Returning the transformed scan back to it's original position and running registration seems to have done the trick.

Return to “Registration Software”