InterGEO 2017 BERLIN

Post details about exhibitions or conferences that may be of interest to other members. This will help gather support for the industry.
dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Dennis Hirota
Company Details: Sam O. Hirota Inc.
Company Position Title: President
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: InterGEO 2017 BERLIN

Post by dhirota » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:44 am

I just checked with the InterGEO hotel web site and they had 17 hotels still with rooms available at the special InterGEO rate. I do not know how many people participate in the Berlin Marathon, but the HNL Marathon has 35,000 running participants and probably another 50K to 100K supporters, all will take up rooms during approximately the same time frame.
Dennis Hirota, PhD, PE, LPLS
dennishirota@gmail.com

dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by dhirota » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:28 pm

I will be in Berlin in a week, after leaving HNL on Friday night (22 hours and 3 flights). I expect to see several new sensors and software packages. It should be an interesting 5 days in Berlin, before leaving on Friday morning and arriving in HNL the same day at 10PM.

Besides the people responding on this thread, is anyone else attending? Hope to see you there.
dennishirota@gmail.com

dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by dhirota » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:17 am

Just arrived this morning in Berlin (TXL). We had a great taxi driver that got around all the traffic detours for the Berlin Marathon to drop us off directly to our hotel door step without us having to walk with our bags a few km or take a train.

We saw Jim Van Rens of Riegl USA on our flight from NYC(EWR). They will probably have a few things to talk about from their booth on Tuesday, but nothing to say right now.
dennishirota@gmail.com

gabrio
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: Gabrio Rossi
Company Details: Scan2BIM - R+TB Architetti Associati
Company Position Title: co-founder partner

Post by gabrio » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:35 pm

I will be at Intergeo tuesday and Wednesday. What about a LSF Dinner on tuesday 26th?

see you all soon in Berlin
arch. Gabrio Rossi, MRICS
g.rossi@scan2bim.it
www.scan2bim.it

Passaggio dei Canonici Lateranensi n. 4
24121 Bergamo - Italy

+39.035.22.27.76

Lowa
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Andrea Gavagnin
Company Details: Geolab.info Gavagnin.com
Company Position Title: Libero Professionista
Skype Name: andrealowa

Post by Lowa » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:29 am

Hello to all, I arrive in Berlin tomorrow morning 26 and return in the evening. see you

dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by dhirota » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:42 pm

First news available to report at InterGeo 2017.

Z+F 5016 has new improved specifications to report, especially of interest to me is the reduced times for completing HDR images and reduced noise.

Z+F Laser Control version 9.0 with too many new features to report on all the details, but improved registration for Laser Control Scout can be discussed with the Z+F staff at their booth Tuesday morning.
dennishirota@gmail.com

dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by dhirota » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:08 pm

TUESDAY (Exhibition, day 1)

Too many people and things happening at InterGeo 2017 to report everything since there are media people giving the story to the public.

I thought that I would see something of interest in the Riegl announcements, but there was nothing new of specific interest to me, although the booth was jam packed. Probably more people at the Riegl booth tomorrow some predicted.

The Orbit booth was across the aisle from the Riegl booth. Since we are users and resellers of Orbit, their new version for inside and outside imaging and scanning was of great interest.

I mentioned faster imaging with the new Z+F 5016 Imager Scanner and the new Laser Control Scout features mentioned yesterday were on display at the Z+F booth.

Of greatest interest was the visit to the Hexagon booth in Hall 1 where I found two Leica friends from at least 10 years ago and a new Leica friend that are on the hardware and software development teams for the BLK360. The new story is that Register360 and the new firmware will be out by the middle of October, 2017. I have a specific date, but better not to say it for bad luck and everything will be delayed. I could give you their names and you can call them up, but friends generally do not do that to their friends.
dennishirota@gmail.com

dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by dhirota » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:48 pm

WEDNESDAY (Exhibition, day 2)

Even more people and more things happening at InterGeo 2017 to report everything. Francois Stroh showed me his new Saturn phone at the Riegl booth that has Google Tango installed on it.

I bumped into Elmer Bol, formerly of Autodesk Recap fame at the Z+F booth. We talked about a few things that he was thinking about with several well known people.

As usual, at the Z+F booth we talked about converting the Z+F HDR imaging into a EXR export format. This time he wrote it down and said that it will be easy, again.
dennishirota@gmail.com

dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by dhirota » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:15 am

THURSDAY (Exhibition, day 3)

There were many attending InterGeo 2017 on Tuesday and Wednesday, but it looks like everyone saw everything and left on Thursday, so we left Thursday afternoon as well, back to our hotel.

Wednesday evening was the Riegl dinner at the Berlin Grand Hyatt Hotel VOX restaurant. Many familiar faces. Big announcement was Johannes Riegl Jr. will be taking over as CEO/President of Riegl USA. Jim Van Rens will still be with Riegl USA, but continuing with his many activities connected with Riegl, but having more time away from administrative duties.

We left Berlin this morning, and saw Guy Cutting on the flight with us arriving in SFO. We talked about Register360 at InterGeo 2017 and at EWR before leaving Newark, NJ.

We are leaving for HNL in the next few minutes, for another 6 hour flight.

I am surprised that no one else has reported anything about InterGeo2017, since there were many people there Tuesday and Wednesday. It was disappointing since several of the new sensors did not show up, or working. We missed the Effortless 3D, but did see the NCTech LASIris VR, but it was not working.
dennishirota@gmail.com

Return to “Exhibitions & Conferences”