My name is Stephen Vickers. I’m helping with a 2017 symposium at Carleton University in Ottawa, Canada, which concerns digital tools (including laser scanning) in collecting, analyzing and disseminating information about heritage sites.
The symposium is CIPA 2017, Digital Workflows for Heritage Conservation, and runs from August 26th – September 1st. The website can be found here: http://www.cipaottawa.org/
I have included a synopsis below:
• The 26th biennial CIPA symposium will be held at Carleton University, Ottawa from August 28 to September 1, 2017. The theme of the 2017 symposium is “Digital Workflows for Heritage Conservation”.
• CIPA was founded in 1968 jointly with ISPRS (International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing) to facilitate the transfer of technology from the measurement sciences into the heritage documentation and recording disciplines.
• The days will be made up of keynotes and sessions, interspersed with time on the exhibition floor. There will also be several optional tours offsite and preconference workshops and tutorials
• CIPA 2017 will bring together more than 300 international delegates to discuss current developments in heritage documentation.
• The Ottawa conference will mark the first time that the CIPA symposium has been held in North America and only the fourth time in 50 years that it has been held outside of Europe.
• CIPA 2017 will offer a unique opportunity for educators, professionals, heritage institutions and property managers to share, exchange and explore new approaches, best practices and research results.
Thank you for your time.
Post details about exhibitions or conferences that may be of interest to other members. This will help gather support for the industry.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- I have made <0 posts
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:46 pm
- Full Name: Stephen Vickers
- Company Details: Carleton University
- Company Position Title: ACSE Lab Technician
- Country: Canada
- Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada