New company

Anyone wishing to advertise their company capabilities, individual abilities or looking for freelance work then feel free to here.
hmeidi_chokri
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: hmeidi chokri
Company Details: EPPM
Company Position Title: Piping designer
Linkedin Profile: No

New company

Post by hmeidi_chokri »

Hello
I the have the idea to create a little company in 3D laser scanning applications.
I can rent a Faro 3D laser scanner " focus 3D " as a first step.
I worked with it in an engineering company for oil and gas projects (for both our projects and for other customers)
I would like to expand my experience on other applications in a specialized company
Please advise on the horizons of these kind of projects and what are the specific applications that i can work on.
Best regards
bwiab
I have made 80-90 posts
I have made 80-90 posts
Full Name: Emilio Ramirez
Company Details: Metro
Company Position Title: BIM Supervisor
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: New company

Post by bwiab »

Really hard to say... It's your business. What do you want it to be? It sounds like you may have the experience to do laser scanning in the oil and gas industry. Unfortunately that technical expertise, while required, does not make a business. Who are your clients? When will they pay you? Do you have a contract? Do you need insurance? All questions I can't answer, but you would need to. Are you planning on working in Tunisia? Unfortunately, I know nothing about the market in Tunisia, but you have to know your market. Who is your competition? How much do they charge? What software are they using? Who are their clients?

I see you say you are a piping designer. I know a lot of people are looking for help modeling piping. Maybe you start your business off doing that side of it to generate capital. You could do that work remotely. Probably pick up some clients here or on other sites. There are also lots of resources online for how to start a business. Do a google search.
shusseini
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Sam Husseini
Company Details: FARO Swiss Holding GmbH
Company Position Title: FARO Swiss Holding GmbH
Skype Name: shusseini

Post by shusseini »

Hello Hmeidi,

I am happy to see that you have interest in using the FARO Laser Scanner in Tunisia. Have you tried to reach out to the local distributor there? Maybe he can advise you on the potential market and customers.

Please feel free to visit the FARO.com website for a full list of World Wide distributors and to find details about the local distributor in Tunisia. If you need any further help, please do not hesitate to contact me.
imcid953
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: William J. Bryan
Company Details: Eye On Detail
Company Position Title: CEO

Post by imcid953 »

My wife and I started our own company in January 2015. My wife has 16 years of experience as a civil designer and 4 years of experience in mechanical drafting. We started out doing forensic scanning for two companies. This years we have added volume calculation clients (2) and an equipment manufacturer. There are a great many applications to use a scanner for. You will need to be constantly looking and thinking. A very big challenge has been getting people to see the benefit of the expense of scanning. The next is getting some to accept the validity of the technology.

Things to consider:
What will you be doing?
Who will you be doing it for?
How will you survive your first couple years with limited income? (The start-up expense is high; you will probably have a negative net income.)
What licensing do you need?
Taxes?
Competition?
Their fee structure?

I wish you the best of luck.

Bill
William J. Bryan

"I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude." - Thomas Jefferson.

Return to “Advertising”