WebShare Cloud 2.3 now live!

3DUserNet, Cintoo, GeoSignum Pointer, Pillr, Pointbox, Pointerra, Pointly, PointSharePlus, Pythagoras, Potree, Vercator, WebShareCloud, Etc.
Oliver Knoerzer
I have made 70-80 posts
I have made 70-80 posts
Full Name: Oliver Knörzer
Company Details: FARO Europe GmbH
Company Position Title: Senior 3D Software Engineer
Linkedin Profile: Yes

WebShare Cloud 2.3 now live!

Post by Oliver Knoerzer »

We’re pleased to announce the release of SCENE WebShare Cloud v2.3! The new version has again several exciting new features:

Main Features

There are new workflows to create or enhance WebShare Cloud projects.
  • Adding a high quality point cloud to an existing project for astonishing 3D visualizations in the browser as an addition to the panoramic images.
  • Creating projects from Freestyle data, sections of a project or any other point cloud data. This ends the necessity to create virtual scans to visualize point cloud data from sources other than laser scanners.
  • Replacing an existing point cloud or adding additional point clouds to a project. Use this to bring in fresh data at any time: Form a time-series of several point clouds to let your users track changes on the project site. Or replace a point cloud with an updated version after applying more cleanup operations.
This provides better support for Freestyle point clouds, point clouds from other sources like photogrammetry or third party scanning devices. See our separate "Getting Started" guide for more information.

Check out a small demo project with such an improved point cloud!

Attached, you can see a typical example of the quality improvements thanks to SCENE’s color balancing features when creating a project point cloud that is then used by WebShare Cloud this way.

Other new Features
  • Project management tasks have been restructured for a better user experience.
  • A project can now have multiple point clouds.
  • In the overview map scan clusters are colored by age or height depending on the setting.
  • In the overview map cluster behavior has been changed to show more individual scan markers.
  • The coordinates of the coordinate picker can be copied to the computer’s clipboard.
  • The coordinates in the properties of an object can be copied to the computer’s clipboard.
  • A custom coordinate system can be defined for each project.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Senior software engineer working for FARO on WebShare, SCENE 2go, and related products.
My webcomics: Sandra and Woo, Gaia.
mschuetz
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: Markus Schuetz
Company Details: potree.org
Company Position Title: developer
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: WebShare Cloud 2.3 now live!

Post by mschuetz »

Cool demo.

Return to “Web Based Software”