To whom it may concern in the Faro Webshare Cloud team

3DUserNet, Pointbox, Potree, TrueView, WebShareCloud, Etc.
kramretsof
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Mark Foster
Company Details: None
Company Position Title: None
Linkedin Profile: No

To whom it may concern in the Faro Webshare Cloud team

Post by kramretsof »

What's the plan with Webshare Cloud? Please tell me there's more coming.... especially with regards to integrating 3D CAD geometry, etc...

Your hardware team has done an excellent job of democratizing laser scanning - but what about the MASSIVE opportunity (imho) to democratize 'digital twins' (or whatever you want to call it).

Side Note - I've tried to get through to you on specific enhancement requests in the past with no response. I've got a feature request / enhancement list about a mile long - would be good to know where this solution is headed (and when) before I move to something else.

I might be off here, but in case you're thinking about hooking into Autodesk Forge to enable 3D file support.. is there some way to do this without forcing us into the BIM360 ecosystem (Autodesk empire) - not all of us want to fork out for annual licensing fees just so casual users can access web-based 3D viewing..... a password protected link is all we need, no? (Autodesk - We're not all Fortune 500 construction companies :D )

Rant finished... Apologies in advance if I've hurt anyone's feelings ;)

regards

Mark
JoergB
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Joerg Braunes
Company Details: FARO 3D Software
Company Position Title: product manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: To whom it may concern in the Faro Webshare Cloud team

Post by JoergB »

Hi Mark,

I apologize if you have the feeling, that the WSC development is too slow. But we are working currently on the foundation that will bring us to the point were we can disribute new features in a more regular and faster way, including long term customer wishes. And this has started already in the beginning of this year with the inroduction of WebShare Cloud Pro and the new point cloud export functionality into several industry standard formats.
I cannot promise any concrete functionality or release dates for new features, but 3D CAD support is definitelly something on the top of our lists.

The intergration in a BIM360 ecosystem is definetelly important and we already did the first step with the BIM360 WebShare Partner Card, but I totally agree, there are a lot of other users out there that need web-based 3D viewing independent from such ecosystems. So we will also take care on this.

regards,
Jörg
Jörg Braunes - Product Manager
------------------------------------------------
FARO Europe GmbH & Co. KG
[email protected]
kramretsof
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Mark Foster
Company Details: None
Company Position Title: None
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by kramretsof »

Hi Jorg, thanks for the prompt response - good to know 3D CAD support is on the top of the lists.

In terms of my previous support emails that have gone unanswered, what is the best email address to use for Webshare Cloud support? There doesn't seem to be any links on the product page (other than the general contact us page), and nothing I can see from within my Webshare Cloud account ?? (Or have I missed it somewhere?)

regards

Mark
JoergB
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Joerg Braunes
Company Details: FARO 3D Software
Company Position Title: product manager

Post by JoergB »

Hi Mark,

for WebShare Support, please contact the FARO Customer Service team via the standard support channels: https://www.faro.com/en-sg/support/
For your feature requests and wishes, please send me a PM. I would be happy to get your feedback and discuss with you.

regards,
Jörg
Jörg Braunes - Product Manager
FARO Europe GmbH & Co. KG
[email protected]
TrevRScanR
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Trevor Ritchie
Company Details: Balpara Pty Ltd
Company Position Title: Digital Engineering Lead

Post by TrevRScanR »

Webshare Cloud is a great tool however I agree with Mark, some additional tools would be great, including importing of CAD data.

I would like to see IFC support and mesh support (I don't think it's in there or can I bring in a mesh with CPE??)

How about clipping boxes? Plane, corner, edge, point to plane snaps? Multiple versions of panoramic view (same as you can currently do with scan view)?

Don't get me wrong, I really like it but there are other platforms pouring money into development, the race is on!
Oliver Knoerzer
I have made 60-70 posts
I have made 60-70 posts
Full Name: Oliver Knörzer
Company Details: FARO Scanner Production GmbH
Company Position Title: Senior 3D Software Engineer

Post by Oliver Knoerzer »

I can only say that we work on several exciting new things regarding WebShare. Please don’t think that development has stalled, it’s rather the opposite!
Software developer working for FARO on WebShare Cloud, SCENE 2go, and sometimes on SCENE.
My webcomics: Sandra and Woo, Gaia.
TrevRScanR
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Trevor Ritchie
Company Details: Balpara Pty Ltd
Company Position Title: Digital Engineering Lead

Post by TrevRScanR »

Hey Oliver!

I don't think it's stalled, in fact the ability to download in various format which was recently added is awesome! A great leap foraward.

I'm just making a few suggestions here because I'm not sure if there is a published road map or an "ideastation" for user requests.

I'd also like to add.... See multiple stage photos as well as multiple stage scanner locations (I assume the 2 are related settings) would be great!

Return to “Web Based Software”