Some news on ScanSap

Euclideon GEOVERSE, SOLIBRI Model Checker, BCF, ScanManager, GreenSpider, GeomaticsCUBE.
yankoch
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Yan Koch
Company Details: TagLabs
Company Position Title: President
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Some news on ScanSap

Post by yankoch »

Hello LSF community,

Here are some news about our latest developments on ScanSap.

Import:
SanSap now imports fls / lsproj in addition to e57.
e57 files can be structured (containing one or several scans) or unstructured.
Large coordinates are handled.

Clipping boxes:
We are building a multi-clipping boxes feature that allows to activate several boxes at the same time. You can create clusters of boxes.
A selection of boxes can be dragged and dropped into status clusters (active / inactive).
Boxes can be intersected, and you can create boxes in boxes.
Boxes have many properties: index, identifier, name, description, color, author.

Next step will be the export of multi-clipped pointclouds. E57 first, then rcs.

Due to Covid19, my team has to work at home now, hence we will be less efficient in the coming weeks. We plan to release our first version in May.

I hope that you are ok on your side. Take care.

Screenshots:
2020-03-14_14h16_12.jpg
2020-03-14_14h21_50.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sreed
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Scott Reed
Company Details: Prologue Systems
Company Position Title: Principal
Skype Name: sabotva

Re: Some news on ScanSap

Post by sreed »

Looks interesting. Perhaps the LSF community would benefit from a couple use cases for this app. I can think of several. Could you list some?

yankoch
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by yankoch »

sreed wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:42 pm
Looks interesting. Perhaps the LSF community would benefit from a couple use cases for this app. I can think of several. Could you list some?
Hi Scott,

Here's a small video I just uploaded. It shows one of the features already developed:

youtu.be/E6WJWGtQ4AA

Pipes are detected in just one click, without the need of generating normals. As you can see, it is fast (lest than 0,5 second / pipe). Next step will be to model the object and to connect it to a standard pipe list.

We also did something useful I didn't see in other softwares: the letter C of the keyboard has the same effect as the left mouse click. This way you never move your mouse while clicking and it goes much faster.

yankoch
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by yankoch »

Hello,

Here's a video of a small feature we added on ScanSap: random colorizing of the scans. It is regularly useful to assign a color to each scan in order to do QC on registration.
But sometimes, you have red next to pink and it is difficult to distinguish the colors.
Our feature allows recalculating colors just by pressing a key. We also made sure to avoid similar colors between 2 scans that are close to eachother.

Well, another use is just to have fun with it.

If you want to be part of the test, please log in on our website (taglabs-solutions.com). Then you'll have access to the members page. We will upload the test files asap.

youtu.be/Ix1n-hEU7qo

Return to “Third Party Software & Plugins”