AutoCAD 2022 Cloudworx install

4M, ARES, AutoCad, BricsCAD, DraftSite, GstarCAD, IntelliCAD, LiteCAD, MicroStation, nanoCAD 21, VeCAD, ZWCAD Etc.
sdhudson
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Stephen Hudson
Company Details: Malcolm Hollis
Company Position Title: Senior Surveyor
Linkedin Profile: Yes

AutoCAD 2022 Cloudworx install

Post by sdhudson »

Hello,

I've recently had AutoCAD 2022 installed on my machine.

When installing Cloudworx 2021.0.1, I get the attached message.

Leica support tell me:
"Usually its a couple of months after the AutoDesk update that a Cloudworx update is available."

Does anyone here have any insider knowledge as to when a compatible version of Cloudworx will be released. AutoCAD 2022 has been out for a few months now.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1

Re: AutoCAD 2022 Cloudworx install

Post by gsisman »

sdhudson wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:07 am Hello,

Leica support tell me:
"Usually its a couple of months after the AutoDesk update that a Cloudworx update is available."

Does anyone here have any insider knowledge as to when a compatible version of Cloudworx will be released. AutoCAD 2022 has been out for a few months now.

Thanks.
sdhudson wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:07 am Hello,

Leica support tell me:

Thanks.
Hmm, couldn't tell you, but I do know this after 30 years of working with Autodesk Products. We NEVER go with the latest version of the software in early the year before the version. After about two patches, the "Beta 1and Beta 2" version are done being fixed. I'd give it 6 months to a year.
Over the last 10-15 years, first releases of software (pretty much across the board) are pretty much Pre-Beta (as far as actual heavy duty workflow testing) and then they tweak it when getting complaints on a forum such as this or directly through their support channels.IMHO

BTW just noticed in the v2021.0 version of Cloudworx (We're using it in Civil 3D 2019 ready to go to v2021) that you can connect directly to a Reg 360 DB. Although this isn't the way we use it (Jetstream over a NAS network or a local LGS file), it is a less expensive option and more suited for a smaller shop, if your Reg 360 datastore is directly on or attached to your workstation and you have a stepped workflow. It would drop the Publisher Pro and Jetstream intermediate software completely out of the loop. I noticed the initial load time over a 1GB network from a NAS was slow, but once it was loaded it was reasonable. Sure this would be much faster when stored on an NVME SSD on my workstation, but haven't had time to test that.
Cloudwork DB connect UI
https://www.screencast.com/t/TgBRQYOhi

Realtime Video clip of operation
https://www.screencast.com/t/oF1QXyRwzX
jamesworrell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: James Worrell
Company Details: Bennett and Francis
Company Position Title: Director

Re: AutoCAD 2022 Cloudworx install

Post by jamesworrell »

gsisman wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:49 pm Although this isn't the way we use it (Jetstream over a NAS network or a local LGS file), it is a less expensive option and more suited for a smaller shop, if your Reg 360 datastore is directly on or attached to your workstation and you have a stepped workflow. It would drop the Publisher Pro and Jetstream intermediate software completely out of the loop. I noticed the initial load time over a 1GB network from a NAS was slow, but once it was loaded it was reasonable. Sure this would be much faster when stored on an NVME SSD on my workstation, but haven't had time to test that.
Cloudwork DB connect UI
Minor caveat to watch - LGS over a network is not supported - we have had issues with heights oddly enough when picking points - heights that are nominated in Civil 3D were just wrong. Same LGS locally works fine. Go figure.

Return to “CAD Software”