Hexagon AB acquisition of Bricsys - BricsCAD

4M, ARES, AutoCad, BricsCAD, DraftSite, GstarCAD, IntelliCAD, LiteCAD, MicroStation, nanoCAD 21, VeCAD, ZWCAD Etc.
Jason Warren
Administrator
Administrator
Full Name: Jason Warren
Company Details: Laser Scanning Forum Ltd
Company Position Title: Co-Founder
Skype Name: jason_warren
Linkedin Profile: No

Hexagon AB acquisition of Bricsys - BricsCAD

Post by Jason Warren »

Hexagon strengthens its construction solutions portfolio for AEC (Architecture, Engineering, Construction) market with Bricsys acquisition
23 OCTOBER 2018

Hexagon AB, a global leader in digital solutions, today announced the acquisition of Bricsys, a fast-growing developer of CAD (computer-aided design) software that has been at the forefront of providing open, collaborative construction technology solutions since its founding in 2002.

Its CAD platform, BricsCAD, supports 2D/3D general, mechanical, and sheet metal design and building information modelling (BIM) in one system. It’s 100% based on the de facto standard design format (.dwg), providing designers, engineers, and BIM professionals powerful access to the huge potential of vertical CAD applications created by thousands of third-party developers. Bricsys also offers its own set of time-saving, artificial intelligence-driven add-ons – from conceptual modelling to seamless BIM workflows and cloud connectivity.

“Hexagon has long been a leader in structural & process piping design. The Bricsys acquisition extends our domain expertise into building design, adding walls, floors, doors, and other construction related features,” says Hexagon President and CEO Ola Rollén. “More importantly, we can now provide the AEC market with an end-to-end platform – with conceptual design, CAD design, BIM software and collaboration tools, project and cost controls, in-field construction execution tools (work packages), and progress documentation (reality capture) – to connect, automate, and ultimately 'autonomise’ the entire building and construction ecosystem through our HxGN SMART Build solution.”

Headquartered in Ghent, Belgium, Bricsys will be fully consolidated as of today, operating within Hexagon’s PPM division. The company's turnover for 2017 amounted to approximately 13 MEUR.

For further information, please contact:
Maria Luthström, Head of Investor Relations, Hexagon AB, +46 8 601 26 27, ir[at]hexagon.com
Kristin Christensen, Chief Marketing Officer, Hexagon AB, +1 404 554 0972, media[at]hexagon.com

Hexagon is a global leader in digital solutions that create Autonomous Connected Ecosystems (ACE), a state where data is connected seamlessly through the convergence of the physical world with the digital, and intelligence is built-in to all processes.
Source:
https://hexagon.com/news/press-releases ... ID=1625159

Bricsys Blog:
https://blog.bricsys.com/hexagon-acquires-bricsys/
Jason Warren
Co_Founder

Dedicated to 3D Laser Scanning
LaserScanningForum
landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Hexagon AB acquisition of Bricsys - BricsCAD

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

Another great software product that is going to be f*cked up.

What is it with these companies to consolidate everything? The same happened with Kubit, it has become faro and lost a lot of it's appeal; first of with the non existing support.

I had a Bricscad license about 10 years ago and went to Autodesk because of lack of features back then. I've ditched my subscription at Autodesk 2 months ago and was thinking of purchasing Bricsad again but am definitely not going to proceed.

No one is independent anymore. This bothers me a lot.

Just my 2cents
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]
Jason Warren
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jason Warren »

Jason Warren
Co_Founder

LaserScanningForum
topogeo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: piercarlo roasio
Company Details: studio roasio
Company Position Title: titolare

Post by topogeo »

.. now I understand the lack of collaboration between Autodesk and Leica in the BLK project! :roll:
It started well .. then .. everyone has done his (small) way .. (for example Recap can not import the BLK files .. and Autodesk has no plans to do so ..)

Piercarlo
ericguizzetti
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Eric Guizzetti
Company Details: Construction and Engineering
Company Position Title: RealityCapture
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by ericguizzetti »

landmeterbeuckx wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:43 am Another great software product that is going to be f*cked up.

What is it with these companies to consolidate everything? The same happened with Kubit, it has become faro and lost a lot of it's appeal; first of with the non existing support.

I had a Bricscad license about 10 years ago and went to Autodesk because of lack of features back then. I've ditched my subscription at Autodesk 2 months ago and was thinking of purchasing Bricsad again but am definitely not going to proceed.

Just my 2cents

great incite! Does seem like company's gobble eachother up and for what, so we the consumer get less.
Scott
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Scott Page
Company Details: Scott Page Design- Architectural service
Company Position Title: Owner

Post by Scott »

ericguizzetti wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:10 pm
landmeterbeuckx wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:43 am Another great software product that is going to be f*cked up.
Just my 2cents
great incite! Does seem like company's gobble eachother up and for what, so we the consumer get less.
+1
Jason Warren
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jason Warren »

Personally, I think this could potentially be great for our industry, in many ways... only time will tell and lets see who will steer it. ;)
Jason Warren
Co_Founder

LaserScanningForum

Return to “CAD Software”