FARO SCENE LT

4M, ARES, AutoCad, BricsCAD, DraftSite, GstarCAD, IntelliCAD, LiteCAD, MicroStation, nanoCAD 21, VeCAD, ZWCAD Etc.
Staets
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Sarah Taets
Company Details: Howest
Company Position Title: Howest

FARO SCENE LT

Post by Staets »

Hey

I'm writing my last years thesis about Point Clouds, and i'm looking deeper into FARO SCENE.
Now, I have some problems.

1/ When I make a Clipping Box, it still shows the rest of the project and not just the part in the clipping box. All settings are good, I think.
2/ sometimes a part of my point cloud turns yellow, no idea why.

Hope you can help me.
bdawood
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Bashar Dawood
Company Details: Canada West Drafting Inc.
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: FARO SCENE LT

Post by bdawood »

Hi Sarah

Regarding your first question, try creating the point cloud and unload all the scans, then you can use the clipping boxes, and regarding the second question, I am not sure why you have the scans in yellow, but usually it means the scan is selected, in that case try selecting the other things but not the scan or the scan folder. Not sure if this is helpful.

Bashar
pomped
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Daniel Pompe
Company Details: FARO
Company Position Title: Team Lead Software Engineering
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: FARO SCENE LT

Post by pomped »

Hi Sarah,

As Bashar already mentioned, clipping boxes require Scan Point Clouds for individual scans or a Project Point Cloud to be applied. In addition single scans have to be unloaded.
If some parts of the point cloud are colored yellow they are selected. Either a scan is selected in the structure view or some points have been selected e.g. for object fitting. Just deselect the scan in the tree or for the second try Ctrl+D to reset the selection (also available in the context menu).

Best regards,
Daniel

Return to “CAD Software”