Earthworm3d
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: James M Kennelly
Company Details: Zelus USA
Company Position Title: Project Manager

Re: Leica BLK2Go

Post by Earthworm3d »

Does anyone know what the range of this scanner is (indoor and outdoors in the sun)?
Thanks

Mick1978
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Michael Howard
Company Details: Taratest
Company Position Title: Technical assistant
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by Mick1978 »

pburrows145 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:49 am
steves01x wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:17 am
What is the work flow for picking up targets in Cyclone Core with the data? Same as HDS / papers or is it adding a vertex?
Manually add a vertex where needed - (Not so easy to pin-point the middle of a target from mobile data (even with colour)), or use sphere extraction (not personally tried this yet...). You can use the "virtual target" function in Cyclone REGISTER 360 also.
Do you have a workflow for this? Also how many targets should we take? We're basically learning to use this and Register 360 from scratch.

VXGrid
I have made 90-100 posts
I have made 90-100 posts
Full Name: Martin Graner
Company Details: PointCab GmbH
Company Position Title: Research and Development
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by VXGrid »

Earthworm3d wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:08 pm
Does anyone know what the range of this scanner is (indoor and outdoors in the sun)?
Thanks
0.5 - 25 metre

The spec sheet was posted here:
https://laserscanningforum.com/forum/vi ... 25&t=15576

VXGrid
I have made 90-100 posts
I have made 90-100 posts

Post by VXGrid »

Mick1978 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:22 am
pburrows145 wrote:
steves01x wrote:
What is the work flow for picking up targets in Cyclone Core with the data? Same as HDS / papers or is it adding a vertex?
Manually add a vertex where needed - (Not so easy to pin-point the middle of a target from mobile data (even with colour)), or use sphere extraction (not personally tried this yet...). You can use the "virtual target" function in Cyclone REGISTER 360 also.
Do you have a workflow for this? Also how many targets should we take? We're basically learning to use this and Register 360 from scratch.
If you don't want to have the hassle of rotating the point cloud, so the c2c takes affect you will need at least 3 (6 parameter transformation), which are not in a line. I guess the accuracy is improved by a c2c afterwards anyway.

Mick1978
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts

Post by Mick1978 »

VXGrid wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:55 am
Mick1978 wrote:
pburrows145 wrote:

If you don't want to have the hassle of rotating the point cloud, so the c2c takes affect you will need at least 3 (6 parameter transformation), which are not in a line. I guess the accuracy is improved by a c2c afterwards anyway.
3 per room or 3 per building? The intention is to test this out on an interior of about 300m² and 15 rooms. The exterior has already been scanned.

VXGrid
I have made 90-100 posts
I have made 90-100 posts

Post by VXGrid »

Mick1978 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:22 am
VXGrid wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:55 am
Mick1978 wrote:

3 per room or 3 per building? The intention is to test this out on an interior of about 300m² and 15 rooms. The exterior has already been scanned.
I don't know if they are doing a c2c alignment after using the targets, therefore I'd go with 5 per BLK2Go scan, distributed over the project.
EG: If you scanned the exterior with another scanner and now like to add the interior with data from the BLK2Go I'd try to get overlapping area by walking around the building with the BLK2Go as well (as scanning the interior in the same go) and use known points of the outside of the building to get the transformation.

Mick1978
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts

Post by Mick1978 »

Thanks for the help!

pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Paul Burrows
Company Details: Leica Geosystems Europe
Company Position Title: Scanning Solutions Manager - Europe

Post by pburrows145 »

Mick1978 wrote:
pburrows145 wrote:
steves01x wrote:
You only need targets if you want to geo-reference. Ensure you do all the training courses here: https://learning.leica-geosystems.com/login/index.php (activated with a valid CCP).

Ioannis
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Ioannis Papas
Company Details: techical office
Company Position Title: CEO
Skype Name: -

Post by Ioannis »

At least we have now sample data, lets see.
At first glance data seems to have noise (thats slam technology !) and is only interiors, also no color and a file size 2.7 gb.
I will expect more form leica, as a geoslam user i do not see any differences in their data! totally disappointed.
And the price of Leica it will be 20% up than Geoslam and Gexcel Heron.
File size is 6x bigger.
Limited range.

For me not worth a big NO to the new toy, thinking again the old blk360 days too much marketing for nothing new..
Leica proved again that is a big marketing machine..

landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx
Company Position Title: Owner

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

i'm going to a live event next tuesday to see what the fuss is about. I hope we can have a sample of the data produced there (hotel environment) at the end of the event to check it out.
I have no expectations but will be offered a free lunch. This will compensate for any disappointments regarding the data :-)
No seriously, i'm eager to see the results and if this instrument would have any benefit for my business approach.
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +3211661621
www.landmeter-beuckx.be
[email protected]

Return to “Leica BLK2GO”