here is the procedure I would suggest in 3DReshaper.
My assumption is that the input data are:
- a section in Z from the drawing department
- a point cloud
- in light green, deviations between -1 cm and +1 cm
- in dark green, deviations between -2 cm and -1 cm
- in orange, deviations between +1 cm and +2 cm
- in blue, deviations between -5 cm and -2 cm
- in red, deviations between +2 cm and +5 cm
- in grey, areas where no point did project onto (or too far)
Until this step, everything can be automatized/scripted in 3DReshaper (including evaluating the size of what is a large area). This means that large areas of errors can be automatically extracted for deeper investigation.
This inspection highlights 2 large areas (one in grey - first image below and one in orange - next image below). In these areas, the drawing do not fit the +/-1 cm expected accuracy. Looking forward your feedback.
If you want some help for automatizing the procedure, let me know!