Legacy Creaform Scanners

Apple iPhone & iPad, Artec3D, ASUS Xtrion, Creaform, DotProduct DPI-8S &DPI-10, FARO Freestyle, G0-Scan, Mantis Vision, Microsoft Kinect, Noomeo, THOR3D, ZEB1, viDoc RTK Rover etc.
CJay
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Chris Johnstone
Company Details: COC
Company Position Title: Orthotist

Legacy Creaform Scanners

Post by CJay »

Hey Guys, bit of a lurker here and this is my first post so bear with me.

So I recently got my hands on some legacy hardware from Creaform (16 OEM Creaform ErgoScan units). I more or less got lucky with them and each had all of the legacy hardware and software and work brilliantly (for 10 year old tech at any rate). A couple had the laptops with em and after some basic upgrades the laptops perform as well as can be expected for hardware of it's age.

Now here is the fun part. I'm building a couple of legacy gear rigs in deskop format to work with the scanners - I'm aware this was never what was intended however he only part that's stumping me is the Expresscard options for firewire connector. I have the cards but was wondering about using a PCIE firewire card with the TI chipset to power the scanner. Looking into the transfer rates the PCIE firewire card has transfer rates equal to or greater than the expresscard options and in theory should work to scan. I have the machine currently running windows xp and all setup for the scanner but lack the physical connection.

Am I mad? would this option work or am i out to lunch on it? I've already talked to Creaform and the tech seemed to think that the limiting factor would be the transfer speed, however the pcie slot itself at around 2600Mbps far outstrips even firewire800 (obviously) on 1394a. Are there any other requirements or considerations? Should I just buy the 20 buck pcie card and give it a go?

Any experience or knowledge on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
CJay
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Chris Johnstone
Company Details: COC
Company Position Title: Orthotist

Re: Legacy Creaform Scanners

Post by CJay »

Tried it - It works great with just regular firewire adapter etc. No issues on XP -working on getting 7 up and running but doubtfull that will happen.

Return to “Hand Held Scanners”