Hand Held Dot Product Scanners

Apple iPhone & iPad, Artec3D, ASUS Xtrion, Creaform, DotProduct DPI-8S &DPI-10, FARO Freestyle, G0-Scan, Mantis Vision, Microsoft Kinect, Noomeo, THOR3D, ZEB1, viDoc RTK Rover etc.
MCBAINIA
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: craig mcbain
Company Details: McBain Design Services
Company Position Title: Director

Hand Held Dot Product Scanners

Post by MCBAINIA »

Hello there.

I'm looking to see if anyone has any advice on what I could do with 3 x DOT Product DPI-8 Scanners. These were purchased a few years ago and are no use to us nay more. I have no idea if these are or value or are the fit for the bin?

Any advice would be welcome.

Regards,

Craig
Formula1982
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Stephen Ferrari
Company Details: UTEC StarNet Geomatics
Company Position Title: Technical Lead

Re: Hand Held Dot Product Scanners

Post by Formula1982 »

I'm sure you'll not have too much trouble selling them.

Out of interest, what was the requirement which resulted in you having 3 of them? What were you using them for?
MCBAINIA
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: craig mcbain
Company Details: McBain Design Services
Company Position Title: Director

Re: Hand Held Dot Product Scanners

Post by MCBAINIA »

Thanks for your reply.

My predecessor bought these as a 'first-step' into the world of scanning. We very quickly realised that they were ok for small areas but for 99% of the work that we do, a larger scanner was needed. We have since moved onto Faro Focus scanners which are more suited to our needs.

Why we have 3 I have no idea, 1 was enough to realise that it wasn't for us - perhaps he got a discount for buying in bulk! I think there were actually 4 but 1 of them has gone elsewhere. I'm pretty sure that 2 of them are brand new.

Is there a section on this site for selling scanners? Or any pointers on who where to sell them on?

Craig

Return to “Hand Held Scanners”