Are any Artec users using reference targets?

Apple iPhone & iPad, Artec3D, ASUS Xtrion, Creaform, DotProduct DPI-8S &DPI-10, FARO Freestyle, G0-Scan, Mantis Vision, Microsoft Kinect, Noomeo, THOR3D, ZEB1, viDoc RTK Rover etc.
tribetype40
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: Douglas Larkin
Company Details: Capture point Ltd
Company Position Title: Director
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Are any Artec users using reference targets?

Post by tribetype40 »

Are any Artec users scanning larger objects and using Photogrammetry to create the target dots to remove the volumetric error? We used our with great success scanning cars and wonder if we were in the minority?
lvrenn
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Lucas van Rennes
Company Details: GEOSCAN
Company Position Title: GEOSCAN
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Are any Artec users using reference targets?

Post by lvrenn »

Would like to know as well, and how you work. Which scanner do you use? Did you use scan reference from Aicon?

I worked with a creaform handyscan, and really like the steady volumetric accuracy, of 0.2mm/m.

I wouldnt want to scan a car with the Eva without using targets.

Also i know its possible to do with the Artec Leo, since it has a bigger scanfield (and perhaps also a more reliable VCSEL light source), but still i wonder about the volumetric accuracy on a car. It would be interesting if this is brought down by targets from e.g. scanreference.
racerx43
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Joe Skala
Company Details: Photojoejoe and JS43
Company Position Title: Owner

Post by racerx43 »

When I get my Leo I’ll run some tests with and without targets and let you know. I’ve got a large stamped part with associated CAD dwg (Measurements and tolerances) But curious in the meantime what others see with and without.
andreko
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: andre ribuoli
Company Details: 3D scanning service provider
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by andreko »

I've been contemplating getting the ScanReference or Linearis3D system for a while now... I think the volumetric accuracy improvement and easier/faster registration during scanning is a big plus!
The LEO looks like it allows custom sized targets to be created and recognized. I think Artec recommends a 5inner/10mil outer target..but for my purposes, I'd want as small as I can go, so less texture data underneath is missing and filled.

It seems they are the only 2 companies I can find that offer this OBC format for Artec Studio.

Return to “Hand Held Scanners”