Studio 13 multiuser installation

Discuss all Artec3D related issues here.
jedfrechette
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Jed Frechette
Company Details: Lidar Guys
Company Position Title: Lidar Supervisor
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Studio 13 multiuser installation

Post by jedfrechette » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:33 pm

Has any one else updated to Artec Studio 13 and had issues with installation for multiple users on the same machine?

Artec's software installation has always been a little archaic, but with Studio version 12 we were able to follow these instructions on their knowledge base:

https://artecgroup.zendesk.com/hc/en-us ... s-accounts

to install and use it under multiple accounts. We've got a pretty standard setup where individual users have domain accounts with limited permissions and admin accounts are only used, for well, admin tasks. After updating to Studio 13 none of the standard users can run the software anymore. Even newly created test accounts with completely default settings can't launch it.

I've been going back and forth with support trying to get this resolved, but thought I would post here in case anybody else ran in to this and had a solution.
Jed

Artec Group
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: Ivan Beliaev
Company Details: Artec3D
Company Position Title: Head of Technical Support Department
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Studio 13 multiuser installation

Post by Artec Group » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:24 pm

Hello Everyone,

In case anybody else encountered the same issue, it has been resolved. All you need to do is to follow the updated instructions for Installing Artec Studio under multiple Windows user accounts, referenced above.

Thank you.
--
Best regards!

Ivan Beliaev
Head of Technical Support Department
support@artec3d.com
www.artec3d.com

Return to “Artec3D”