New 3D scanner by Effortless 3D

Post any articles or web links that directly relate to laser scanning that you feel other users would deem interesting.
jatt
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: julien A
Company Details: historic preservation
Company Position Title: intern
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: New 3D scanner by Effortless 3D

Post by jatt »

Hi,

I am just discovering this product, I checked out your website and just read this interesting thread. I will soon download and check ou sample datas.
I notice no news for 6 months: what is up with the device ? I do not see you in the Intergeo exhibitor list, did I just not find you or is that true ?

Merci ;)
e3dRich
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Richard McCormack
Company Details: Effortless 3D
Company Position Title: Founder

Post by e3dRich »

jatt wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:23 pm Hi,

I am just discovering this product, I checked out your website and just read this interesting thread. I will soon download and check ou sample datas.
I notice no news for 6 months: what is up with the device ? I do not see you in the Intergeo exhibitor list, did I just not find you or is that true ?

Merci ;)
Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch and apologies for the slow reply (you caught me on leave). Tech development is progressing well and we're planning to begin beta trials soon. If you'd like to know more then feel free to drop me a message or an email to [email protected]. Please do also let me know what you make of the sample data.

Yes we've decided not to exhibit at Intergeo this year, it didn't quite fit with our other commitments unfortunately.

All the best,
Richard
e3dRich
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Richard McCormack
Company Details: Effortless 3D
Company Position Title: Founder

Post by e3dRich »

We've made the difficult decision to halt development on the E3D laser scanner.

We recently ran a pre-order campaign offering early adopters the opportunity to secure first access to the E3D scanner. During this campaign we received lots of positive feedback on our technology and enthusiastic engagement from a number of followers. However, despite this positive response, engagement with the campaign was lower than anticipated. Effortless 3D have therefore made the difficult decision to halt development on the E3D scanner and reassess our approach to the market.

We understand this will be disappointing news to those of you who have been avidly following our developments. All pre-orders have been fully refunded as timescales surrounding an eventual launch are not currently known.

We still believe there is an opportunity in the market for an affordable, intuitive, 3D imaging laser scanner. A new team is driving Effortless 3D forward, focused on refining our technology to ensure we deliver the most value to you, our early adopters.

We hope to have an update for you in the new year.

Return to “Articles, Webinars & Links”