Cyrax 2500 Serial No 208 Problems

Trimble SX10, Leica BLK360, C5, C10, P15, P16, P20, P30, P40, P50, HDS8800, HDS8400, Riegl VZ6000, VZ4000, VZ2000, VZ1000 & VZ400i, Topcon GLS2000S, GLS1500, etc
aecivil
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Steven Aldrich
Company Details: Civil Engineering Retaining Walls
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: No

Cyrax 2500 Serial No 208 Problems

Post by aecivil » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:34 pm

Hello, I am new to this forum. I have been scanning with a cyrax 2500 since 2004. I am a one man show and since the downturn in the economy I have limited resources to replace the unit. Which brings me to the point of my post. I knew the day would come when the unit would have problems and what I have for problems is; the scanner boots up just fine, the communications are fine between computer and unit but when I "get image" things get touchy. An image can be collected but when I ask for a probe it doesn't really do it but says the probe is finished. When I place a fence in the image and ask it to scan, it indicates a 5 - 10 minute scan and when this is executed the scan progress goes from ten minutes to 15 seconds and finishes saying scan complete but with the error of "no valid data collected". When I ask for info of the image it indicates a camera calibration done in 2004. When I ask it to perform a camera calibration it does it but at the end again it says "no valid data collected". Any thoughts out there on this? And I am in need of a diagnostics cable or a pin out scheme as I was never given a diagnostics cable. Sorry for the long length of message but I have a good job lined up and will help pay bills but I stuck. Thanks in advance.

Jason Warren
Administrator
Administrator
Full Name: Jason Warren
Company Details: Laser Scanning Forum Ltd
Company Position Title: Co-Founder
Skype Name: jason_warren
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Cyrax 2500 Serial No 208 Problems

Post by Jason Warren » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:19 pm

Hi,
Welcome to the forum... ;)
With regards to your HDS2500, do you get these issues when running off the field batteries? or do you get the same issues when connected to a mains supply?
Jason Warren

aecivil
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts

Post by aecivil » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:26 pm

I don't have batteries any longer so I just use the battery box to make the connection to the scanner from a wall plug.

Jason Warren
Administrator
Administrator
Full Name: Jason Warren
Company Details: Laser Scanning Forum Ltd
Company Position Title: Co-Founder
Skype Name: jason_warren
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by Jason Warren » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:54 pm

A few thoughts:
1. Check your power cable and connectors for any damage.
2. Check power supply is providing the correct outputs.
3. Check power input connector on scanner, any signs of wear or dirt.
4. Lastly, when did this start to happen? and does it happen all the time? What happens if you leave the scanner 30mins to warm up prior to doing any imaging, probing, or scanning. Does the issue persist?

Lastly, I will dig out my diagnostic cable and let you know the pin outs, so you can monitor the boot up sequence for any errors. I`m guessing your using the latest firmware?
Jason Warren

aecivil
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts

Post by aecivil » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:09 am

Power cable, pins and sockets all good. Voltage fine. Unit can remain on for hours and still no go. Tried again today and got an image and then asked to scan all. The laser can be seen on the wall but when it finishes it says no valid points were taken. I do NOT have any firmware upgrades. Where would I get one for this scanner? I am thinking this is the problem. Another question I have is, I have NEVER calibrated the camera before but when the scanner is in phase one of two and also in phase two of two, should the laser be hitting the wall? When I ask the scanner to perform the camera calibration the computer screen indicates that the scanner is doing just that but no laser light is showing on the wall. Any luck finding the diagnostics cable for the pin out scheme? Thanks for you responses as you are the only person in the world at this time helping me. The dealer I paid 125,000 dollars for the scanner just wanted to sell me a new one no help there. Leica rep was no help either.

geowac
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Stefan Wachsmann
Company Details: scantaxi.de
Company Position Title: supervisor

Post by geowac » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:38 am

Hi,
I took a look to our wire :D
the diagnostic wire is a normal Null-Modem cable. Both plugs are female. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Null_modem

front of the plug

Code: Select all

---------------------
\ 5   4   3   2   1 /
 \  9   8   7   6  /
   ---------------
2->3
3->2
4->6
5->5
6->4
7->8
8->7

1+9 not used

I do not have a PC with a serial port anymore. Therefore I can't use this wire anymore :shock:

We had this problem years ago, but it vanished by itself. I think, it was a Cyclone problem on a new computer and with the rights in the firewall or something like this. My be this helps!?

By the way: We enhanced our box with two female connectors and attached an external 12V gel battery. This made us independent of a wall plug. To redesign the Box we had no time, but the box is nearly empty...
But we did not use our Cyrax 2500 for many years in real projects, only for education :D

We have Serial 8 ;)

have a nice day...
Stefan

Return to “Pulse Based Scanners”