For Sale CPO FARO S70

Faro FOCUS S350, S150, S70, M70, X30, X130, X130HDR, X330, X330HDR. Leica RTC360, C10, P15, P20, P30, P40, P50, BLK360, HDS6*00, HDS7000,HDS8800, HDS8400. Riegl VZ6000, VZ4000, VZ2000, VZ1000 & VZ400i. Topcon GTL-1000, GLS2200, GLS1500. Trimble X7, X9, X12, SX12, SX10, TX8, TX6, S7 & S9. Z+F IMAGER 5016, 5010X, 5010C, 5006H, 5006EX & PROFILER 9012
Superbob3D
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts
Full Name: Robert Howell
Company Details: Superbob
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: Yes

For Sale CPO FARO S70

Post by Superbob3D »

FOR SALE: One "Certified Pre-Owned (CPO)" Faro Focus S70 3D Laser Scanner.
Purchased directly from Faro, this unit has had very little use (+/-125 scans) since I got it in February of this year.

In addition to the unit, accessories include:

1. One extra battery (for a total of 2)
2. One battery charging harness
3. One Gitzo carbon fiber tripod with Faro mounting head (and carrying bag)
4. One Rugged Transport Case
5. One Faro Carrying Case Backpack harness
6. One Ricoh HighRez Panocam w/ mounting bracket

Asking $33,000 for the lot.

Feel free to hit me up with questions.
Thank you!
Bob

Email me at: [email protected] for a quicker response.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx

Re: For Sale CPO FARO S70

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

Superbob3D wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:34 pm FOR SALE: One "Certified Pre-Owned (CPO)" Faro Focus S70 3D Laser Scanner.
Purchased directly from Faro, this unit has had very little use (+/-125 scans) since I got it in February of this year.

In addition to the unit, accessories include:

1. One extra battery (for a total of 2)
2. One battery charging harness
3. One Gitzo carbon fiber tripod with Faro mounting head (and carrying bag)
4. One Rugged Transport Case
5. One Faro Carrying Case Backpack harness
6. One Ricoh HighRez Panocam w/ mounting bracket

Asking $33,000 for the lot.

Feel free to hit me up with questions.
Thank you!
Bob

Email me at: [email protected] for a quicker response.
This scanner was manufactored in 2017. Bloofy 5 years old and you still ask 33k :o
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]
Superbob3D
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts

Post by Superbob3D »

Lieven,

Thank you for your response. I've been seeing your post for years and appreciate the input that you bring to conversations. Believe it or not I hadn't actually realized that manufactures date was right on the bottom of my unit and that it was that old.

But I'm compelled to push back on you a bit.

As it as explained to me by my Faro rep, all CPO units sell for the same price, regardless of age, and the all have a 1 year warranty. Also, CPO's are refurbished to the extent needed for them to perform like new (which can include the replacement of internals). Details about what parts are replaced on your specific unit are unavailable. Interestingly enough, I ended up receiving a unit that was clearly older than the one I had understood had been set aside for me by my original salesperson. But after inquiring about the apparent bait and switch, I was ultimately swayed by the explanation and remained happy that I had purchased a CPO directly from Faro, as opposed to purchasing a random used unit from someone else.

As for the asking price: The whole kit is only 7 months old (and, as I mentioned, has had minimal use). I have no idea what the demand for these units are these days, so yes, I aimed a little high (i.e., roughly what I paid for the whole kit before taxes). I paid $28,880 for just the unit itself (which I understand is only 5% lower than what Faro is currently charging for CPO's) and which is also consistent with the price of this unit (which is NOT CPO):

https://shop.laserscanning-europe.com/F ... us-S-70_11

Lastly, my apologies if my jumping off point for price struck you as unthinkable. (Perhaps you were just being playful?). I'm not sure if you are suggesting that I'm a crook or an idiot. And I don't know how bartering works in Europe, but I wouldn't think that setting an asking price a bit high, and expecting to be talked down from there, would come as some big shock. I'm certainly not trying to rip anyone off. Either way, your response strikes me, at the very least, as unprofessional and I really object to a post that implies that I am being intentionally deceitful. Moving forward, and for what its worth, I suggest to first message individuals with any concerns you have about their posts. And, if they don't give you an adequate response, resort to trolling them. This is all I'll say about this in public. Feel free to message me privately if you'd like to discuss this further.

Regards,

Bob
landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Superbob3D wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:55 pm Lieven,

Thank you for your response. I've been seeing your post for years and appreciate the input that you bring to conversations. Believe it or not I hadn't actually realized that manufactures date was right on the bottom of my unit and that it was that old.

But I'm compelled to push back on you a bit.

As it as explained to me by my Faro rep, all CPO units sell for the same price, regardless of age, and the all have a 1 year warranty. Also, CPO's are refurbished to the extent needed for them to perform like new (which can include the replacement of internals). Details about what parts are replaced on your specific unit are unavailable. Interestingly enough, I ended up receiving a unit that was clearly older than the one I had understood had been set aside for me by my original salesperson. But after inquiring about the apparent bait and switch, I was ultimately swayed by the explanation and remained happy that I had purchased a CPO directly from Faro, as opposed to purchasing a random used unit from someone else.

As for the asking price: The whole kit is only 7 months old (and, as I mentioned, has had minimal use). I have no idea what the demand for these units are these days, so yes, I aimed a little high (i.e., roughly what I paid for the whole kit before taxes). I paid $28,880 for just the unit itself (which I understand is only 5% lower than what Faro is currently charging for CPO's) and which is also consistent with the price of this unit (which is NOT CPO):

https://shop.laserscanning-europe.com/F ... us-S-70_11

Lastly, my apologies if my jumping off point for price struck you as unthinkable. (Perhaps you were just being playful?). I'm not sure if you are suggesting that I'm a crook or an idiot. And I don't know how bartering works in Europe, but I wouldn't think that setting an asking price a bit high, and expecting to be talked down from there, would come as some big shock. I'm certainly not trying to rip anyone off. Either way, your response strikes me, at the very least, as unprofessional and I really object to a post that implies that I am being intentionally deceitful. Moving forward, and for what its worth, I suggest to first message individuals with any concerns you have about their posts. And, if they don't give you an adequate response, resort to trolling them. This is all I'll say about this in public. Feel free to message me privately if you'd like to discuss this further.

Regards,

Bob
If a car over here is 5 years old but has a new engine, it is still a 5 year old car and you pay that price. Nevermind the engine.

So in that way i find it a very expensive unit.

I never said or think you are a crook, if there is someone who would pay that, it's fine by me but it won't be me LOL

Why are you selling is after so little scanning use if i may ask?
LSBbvba
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]
TommyMaddox
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Tommy R Maddox III
Company Details: ONSITE3D
Company Position Title: Director of Technology

Post by TommyMaddox »

If a car over here is 5 years old but has a new engine, it is still a 5 year old car and you pay that price. Nevermind the engine.

So in that way i find it a very expensive unit.

I never said or think you are a crook, if there is someone who would pay that, it's fine by me but it won't be me LOL

Why are you selling is after so little scanning use if i may ask?
I don't know if you've looked at the used car market lately, or if it's just not as crazy in EU as it is in NA, but a 2015 car I paid $12k with 17kmi on it in 2018 is now going for upwards of 20k with 55kmi on it....

If there are no comparable S70 listings right now that are lower than what he's asking, its probably quite a reasonable price to begin starting with. I'd even suggest that if you are looking to get a good condition capable full feature 3D laser scanning kit new/used/CPO/second hand, you'd probably struggle quite a bit to find any option at or around 33k asking these days.

Is it more than S70s were selling for over the last year? Yeah sure, but if there is no supply on the market right now the prices go up.
Superbob3D
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts

Post by Superbob3D »

Gentlemen,

Thank you for your replies.

Lieven, I appreciate your perspective. On the surface your comments are totally valid. But, as Tommy points out, there's a lot of factors at play these days.

As to why I'm selling it...

I'm kinda heartbroken to be honest. I worked really hard to build up enough revenue to purchase this in the first place. I've loved knowing that I had such a sophisticated tool at my disposal and always got a thrill out of seeing the data from a days worth of scanning come to life before my eyes. They really are amazing tools. But in addition to new, bigger and better funded scanning businesses in town, with whom, as a sole proprietor and one man operation, I was never going to be able to compete with, it also became clear that my real skill was on the data side of things. I'm more valuable utilizing the data for clients than I am as a guy walking circles around a scanner all day. I'll miss having it, but I know I can farm out larger scan projects to a local firm and for smaller jobs I'm just gonna use a Trimble x7, which should be fine for my needs and which I can rent locally at a fraction of the cost I was renting an s70 from out of town.

Well, that's probably way more info than anyone needed or wanted to hear. Thank you for asking though.

My best,

Bob
landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Superbob3D wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:24 pm Gentlemen,

Thank you for your replies.

Lieven, I appreciate your perspective. On the surface your comments are totally valid. But, as Tommy points out, there's a lot of factors at play these days.

As to why I'm selling it...

I'm kinda heartbroken to be honest. I worked really hard to build up enough revenue to purchase this in the first place. I've loved knowing that I had such a sophisticated tool at my disposal and always got a thrill out of seeing the data from a days worth of scanning come to life before my eyes. They really are amazing tools. But in addition to new, bigger and better funded scanning businesses in town, with whom, as a sole proprietor and one man operation, I was never going to be able to compete with, it also became clear that my real skill was on the data side of things. I'm more valuable utilizing the data for clients than I am as a guy walking circles around a scanner all day. I'll miss having it, but I know I can farm out larger scan projects to a local firm and for smaller jobs I'm just gonna use a Trimble x7, which should be fine for my needs and which I can rent locally at a fraction of the cost I was renting an s70 from out of town.

Well, that's probably way more info than anyone needed or wanted to hear. Thank you for asking though.

My best,

Bob
Bob,

I'm a solo Guy as well and started with a tx5 9.years ago. I took the plunge and bought a riegl, a major investment and i was scared if it worked but it did and now i earn good revenue with it.
LSBbvba
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]
ProCro
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Nino Skupnjak
Company Details: SKIMI64
Company Position Title: procurator

Post by ProCro »

I really like that Faro Carrying Case Backpack harness. Where can you buy one of these? :D
BigdLee
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Lee Rodrigue
Company Details: Big D Metalworks
Company Position Title: Designer
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by BigdLee »

ProCro wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:40 pm I really like that Faro Carrying Case Backpack harness. Where can you buy one of these? :D
I reached out to FARO to purchase one of these, and never got a reply... so I carefully searched to find out who manufactured the case for the S70. Turns out it is a B&W International Type 5000, and the backpack is available here: https://www.b-w-international.com/en/ou ... door.cases

It doesn't have the little zippered pouch with FARO's logo on it, but mine has held up for years.
jedfrechette
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Jed Frechette
Company Details: Lidar Guys
Company Position Title: CEO and Lidar Supervisor

Post by jedfrechette »

Nice find!
Jed

Return to “Terrestrial Laser Scanners [TLS]”