GeoSLAM Zeb-Revo

Discuss all GeoSlam related products here.
Least
I have made 80-90 posts
I have made 80-90 posts
Full Name: Patrick
Company Details: 360G
Company Position Title: Director

Re: GeoSLAM Zeb-Revo

Post by Least »

Robm,

I think its currently suitable for projects at a scale of 1:100 with commensurate accuracies.
Something like a lease plan.

Would like to see the next model have a less noisy laser, I guess there is the SurphSLAM but I bet it costs a wedge.

P
uberto
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: Uwe Bertoldo
Company Details: Surveying Company
Company Position Title: Managing Director

Post by uberto »

Robin,
had somebody here some weeks ago to test the zeb1...(revo was not available)....we have scanned same area (office in and outside) with our Faro Focus and the zeb1....accuracy compared with Focus data was within 2 cm inside and between 1 to 5 cm outside....these 5 cm could have been minimized with the right strategy...smaller loops with connection to known targets (spheres).
For jobs where this accuracy is good enough....excellent tool !

Uwe
RobM
I have made 100> posts
I have made 100> posts
Full Name: Robin Miller
Company Details: My own boss
Company Position Title: Managing Director
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by RobM »

Uwe,

thanks for letting me know. I planned on taking a look at it at the Intergeo. Like I said, right now I only got sample data at hand which I got provided which didn't impress me that much. (On the other hand, I am able to produce crappy data with the Faro as well if I don't pay attention)
walkerrichard
I have made 50-60 posts
I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: Richard Walker
Company Details: Point Cloud Solutions
Company Position Title: Canadian Distributor for GeoSLAM Scanner
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by walkerrichard »

We get 2-3mm accuracy within the 15-30m range from a REVO by examining sections of the scan in mining work. The nature of the walking (mapping) scan means you can end up with drift in the centimeters. You can limit that very well through good scan practice.

We send out true raw data sets regularly to customers so they can apply it to their workflows and be ready for demo work. If I sent out pristine cleaned up scans with optimized accuracy conditions or additional target help I'd be a jerk!

Fact is we can scan at a few KM an hour over the intended rate on our little Kawasaki ATV mobile mapping set up and get usable roadside data. Or we can lower our heart-rate and concentrate on a soft rock wall in a mineshaft and get the above 2-3mm deformation measures.

Noise? clean it, or keep it out :). Tightest accuracy? Plan for it. Scan using your untrained intern walking around with one hand in pocket? Only us at under $50KUS. Ask folks who have or use the REVO. It is a powerful rapid survey machine with incredible versatility. It ain't a multi-set up tripod machine.
Matt Young
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Full Name: Matt Young
Company Details: Baker Hicks
Company Position Title: CAD-BIM Lead

Post by Matt Young »

walkerrichard wrote:We get 2-3mm accuracy within the 15-30m range from a REVO by examining sections of the scan in mining work. The nature of the walking (mapping) scan means you can end up with drift in the centimeters. You can limit that very well through good scan practice.

We send out true raw data sets regularly to customers so they can apply it to their workflows and be ready for demo work. If I sent out pristine cleaned up scans with optimized accuracy conditions or additional target help I'd be a jerk!

Fact is we can scan at a few KM an hour over the intended rate on our little Kawasaki ATV mobile mapping set up and get usable roadside data. Or we can lower our heart-rate and concentrate on a soft rock wall in a mineshaft and get the above 2-3mm deformation measures.

Noise? clean it, or keep it out :). Tightest accuracy? Plan for it. Scan using your untrained intern walking around with one hand in pocket? Only us at under $50KUS. Ask folks who have or use the REVO. It is a powerful rapid survey machine with incredible versatility. It ain't a multi-set up tripod machine.
Can you elaborate on how you are removing noise from the Revo scans?
If you don't see that there is nothing, then you are kidding yourself.
Scott
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Scott Page
Company Details: Scott Page Design- Architectural service
Company Position Title: Owner

Post by Scott »

Google Releases LiDAR SLAM Algorithms, Teases Innovative Mapping Solution
http://www.spar3d.com/news/software/goo ... -solution/

Interesting development!