ZEB1 data twisted

Discuss all GeoSlam related products here.
charltonjames
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts
Full Name: James Charlton
Company Details: Northumbria University
Company Position Title: Built Environment Visualiser

ZEB1 data twisted

Post by charltonjames »

Hi, I've got three scans of a complex building (long corridors with little offices) over 3 floors. I scanned each floor separately, but started and ended at the same point and made sure to also go up to the next floor and do a little up there to create an overlap. The next scan started from below floor, again to create a good overlap.

I've linked the data in cloudcompare and two of the scans have worked fairly well, but the other appears twisted. If i position one end of the building, the other end is half meter + out.

I dont think i'm expecting there is a solution to this, but it would be great to hear if anyone else has had the same problem, if there are any reasons for this and if there is anything i can in the future to avoid this. I'm starting to think i should have just done the whole building as one scan. :?
mark.reid
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Mark Reid
Company Details: GeoSLAM
Company Position Title: Chief Operating Officer
Skype Name: mark.reid21
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: ZEB1 data twisted

Post by mark.reid »

Hi James,

Long featureless corridors can be sometimes a challenge for SLAM so you may have experienced some minor drift depending on how you did the survey. Best bet is to upload the data to our support team [email protected] and they can take a look. In most cases we can advise you what parameters to tweak to correct the data in challenging environments. Also if you are using GeoSLAM HUB software you can use the merge tool which will automatically fix any missalignment.

Return to “GeoSLAM”