I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Helen Guryn
Company Details: 3D crime scene reconstruction
Company Position Title: 3D Forensic Technician
Linkedin Profile: Yes

IAFSM 2018!

Post by helen_guryn » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:28 pm

Hello All,

It is my pleasure to announce the 5th annual IAFSM conference planned to happen in Fort Worth, TX, on December 10-14, 2018 at Hilton Hotel Downtown Ft. Worth.

This year, the conference will include many exciting topics as well as host the first Basic Laser Scanner Certification course, upon completion of which the participants will become recognized Laser Scanner Operators as per the International Association of Forensic and Security Metrology. The course consists of multiple webinars hosted before the conference, a full day of hands-on training on Sunday, December 9th and a written test portion.

The spotlight of the conference will be an off-site event held in conjunction with the Fort Worth Police Department which will include a scenario-based active shooter event. This event will give the attendee experience in a scene with multi-disciplinary forensic documentation with 3D devices (bullet trajectory, witness perspective, positional, and height analysis, blood pattern, etc). You will also be provided with experience in developing an ad-hoc approach to multi-sensor integration of a large scale 3D data set. Following will be a post-briefing and Case Study of active shooter events related to the Texan Ranger' experience.

Other topics will include integration of laser scanning in video evidence, the use of VR in forensics and its integration with drones, officer perception in crash reconstruction and many more.

To register for the conference, please follow the link - http://www.iafsm.org/event-2902715

If anyone has any questions about the event, please feel free to contact me through the forum or by email at helen@ai2-3d.com

From the IAFSM team, we wanted to thank all of our sponsors who came on board this year - FARO, Leica, GeoSLAM, 21st Century Forensic Animations, RIEGL, Trimble, Z+F and Dot Product.

See you all there!

helen_guryn
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Helen Guryn
Company Details: 3D crime scene reconstruction
Company Position Title: 3D Forensic Technician

Re: IAFSM 2018!

Post by helen_guryn » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:29 pm

:D

3DForensics
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Full Name: Eugene Liscio
Company Details: AI2-3D Forensics
Company Position Title: Owner
Skype Name: eliscio

Post by 3DForensics » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:09 pm

For any of you that may be in the Fort Worth Area, please consider joining in. This conference is not just for law enforcement people as there will be all the major manufactures with their equipment on hand.

Anyone else already signed up to be there??

ddustin
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: David Dustin
Company Details: FARO Technologies Inc
Company Position Title: Global Dir of PS Product Management

Post by ddustin » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:51 pm

I'll definitely be there.
This should make 5 consecutive years for me.
Hope to see you all there!

David
Global Director of Public Safety - Product Management

dcacioppo
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: David Cacioppo
Company Details: Park Ridge Police Department
Company Position Title: Forensic Technician
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by dcacioppo » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:50 pm