LC fans

Discuss Z+F Laser Control software here.
JLarson
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Jason Larson
Company Details: VHB
Company Position Title: Geomatics Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: LC fans

Post by JLarson »

We have a Leica HDS700, which is a Z+F 5010 under the grey and red paint. Can we use LC to run this scanner in the field? Is it a good option over just using the on-board controls?

We tend to use a traverse type workflow with our C10's & P20's, and generally with the HDS7000, but there's no target scan functions in the on-board software. We end up doing higher resolution scans than needed just to be able to get the targets reliably. I'm wondering if LC would solve this issue. We also end up doing all the target naming, etc. in the office in Cyclone, which tends to be quite tedious.

We currently do all our registrations in Cyclone, but it sounds like the LC process could be a good alternative. Has anyone tried both and prefer one over the other?
Jason Larson, PLS
dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Dennis Hirota
Company Details: Sam O Hirota Inc
Company Position Title: President

Post by dhirota »

My understanding is that a HDS7000 files should run with LC. We used Cyclone with our Z+F 5010/5010C/5010X, but we have never used them with a traverse type workflow. I would suggest contacting the Z+F folks to check on the HDS 7000 firmware to be sure that it will run the LC version that you are interested in.

We run both Cyclone and LC and it just depends what we are doing on a project. We currently use 2 ea 5010X for our projects, so if they are colored, which is most of the time, or thermal then we are using LC.
Dennis Hirota, PhD, PE, LPLS
www.samhirota.com
[email protected]
sooperdooper
I have made 50-60 posts
I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: Russell White
Company Details: HTS Advanced Solutions
Company Position Title: Mapping Operations Manager
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by sooperdooper »

JLarson wrote:We have a Leica HDS700, which is a Z+F 5010 under the grey and red paint. Can we use LC to run this scanner in the field? Is it a good option over just using the on-board controls?

We tend to use a traverse type workflow with our C10's & P20's, and generally with the HDS7000, but there's no target scan functions in the on-board software. We end up doing higher resolution scans than needed just to be able to get the targets reliably. I'm wondering if LC would solve this issue. We also end up doing all the target naming, etc. in the office in Cyclone, which tends to be quite tedious.

We currently do all our registrations in Cyclone, but it sounds like the LC process could be a good alternative. Has anyone tried both and prefer one over the other?
Jason,

I have used LC and Cyclone to register. I much prefer LC. Are you surveying in the targets when using the 7000? Also, running the scanner from LC can be tedious. The user interface is much friendlier to the operator, IMO.
sooperdooper
I have made 50-60 posts
I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: Russell White
Company Details: HTS Advanced Solutions
Company Position Title: Mapping Operations Manager
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by sooperdooper »

JLarson wrote:We have a Leica HDS700, which is a Z+F 5010 under the grey and red paint. Can we use LC to run this scanner in the field? Is it a good option over just using the on-board controls?

I sent you a PM.
CKercheval
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Chris
Company Details: Z+F Usa
Company Position Title: Technical Support Engineer

Post by CKercheval »

Glad to hear there are so many emphatic L.C. users out there.
CKercheval
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Chris
Company Details: Z+F Usa
Company Position Title: Technical Support Engineer

Post by CKercheval »

Thermal Camera scan of a boiler room at a Hampton Inn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Z+F Laser Control”