I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Joe Valasek
Company Details: Carveture Inc
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Scanner to rent in Europe for ornament

Post by Joeval »

Hi, I have a company that does carving on cnc. Our kids live in Europe and when we visit I take lots of pictures of classical ornament but I'd like to try scanning some of it. I have some experience with a handheld Fastscan from Polhemus but it was an early model and difficult to get good scans with, for me at least.

I'd like to be able to scan ornament on building exteriors and interiors, in antique shops if I can get permission and wherever possible.

I've seen both the Faro Freestyle and the Artec Eva for rent in Germany with the FS being about half the rental price.

Any advice? Much appreciated if so.
Jason Warren
Administrator
Administrator
Full Name: Jason Warren
Company Details: Laser Scanning Forum Ltd
Company Position Title: Co-Founder
Skype Name: jason_warren
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Scanner to rent in Europe for ornament

Post by Jason Warren »

Hi Joe,
Welcome to LSF, and take a look at the following thread... ;)

http://www.laserscanningforum.com/forum ... 197#p50197
Jason Warren
Co_Founder

Dedicated to 3D Laser Scanning
LaserScanningForum
Oxbow
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Eric Bergholz
Company Details: Laserscanning Europe
Company Position Title: CEO
Skype Name: eboxbow

Post by Oxbow »

Hi Joe,

if you go to germany or neighbour countries.

You can rent from us following hand scanners Artec Eva, Spider, FARO Freestyle or dot.com scanner.

Please use this website:

http://shop.laserscanning-europe.com/Scanner-rental

dot.com coming soon or our formular:

http://www.laserscanning-europe.com/en/ ... ittle-cost

All our scanners have insurence for damage.

fell free to contact us.

regards.. ..Eric
Joeval
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Joe Valasek
Company Details: Carveture Inc
Company Position Title: Owner

Post by Joeval »

Thanks for the reference to photogrammetry Jason,

I've read a few articles on this, new to me subject in the last week or so and saw one very fantastic sculpture model but when I realized it had been produced in very controlled conditions using about 250 photos and a lot of processing time I was a bit put off. The photos on the post you sent look very good but only the mesh photos seem to give a reliable picture of the actual form. It seems models with natural color disguise small irregularities but I could be mistaken on this. The number of photos used in the examples and the light conditions make this look much more interesting. Maybe I'll try the demo version of Photoscan this week and see what I can get.

Still if it's possible with a smaller handheld scanner to get results that were 20% cleaner than the grammetry scans it would probably be worth it to me. And also to see what quality of scan I'm getting while I'm still there to try again could be valuable.

Thanks also laser-scanning shop. I've been looking at your site. Do you have a recommendation for me between the 3 scanners?
Oxbow
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by Oxbow »

FARO Freestyle is easy to use for bigger object, like ornaments. For high quality scans are the artec scanner many times better, more accuarte and low noise. But the artec scanner are less user friendly with scanning, not so flexible like a freestyle. You need good laptop for scanning and also power and
the size of the scanning windows are much smaller as from freestyle. With artec you have to take care, that your object have enought 3d structure or texture to scan it. Flat surface are tricky to scan, then you need texture information on it.

It is regarding to what you locking for. Easy to scan or have best scanning results.

Dot.com is most flexible, but the quality is less, because the sensor are cheaper. It think the quality will not be good enough for your application.

..Eric
Oxbow
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by Oxbow »

FARO Freestyle is easy to use for bigger object, like ornaments. For high quality scans are the artec scanner many times better, more accuarte and low noise. But the artec scanner are less user friendly with scanning, not so flexible like a freestyle. You need good laptop for scanning and also power and
the size of the scanning windows are much smaller as from freestyle. With artec you have to take care, that your object have enought 3d structure or texture to scan it. Flat surface are tricky to scan, then you need texture information on it.

It is regarding to what you locking for. Easy to scan or have best scanning results.

Dot.com is most flexible, but the quality is less, because the sensor are cheaper. It think the quality will not be good enough for your application.

..Eric

Return to “Product Comparison”