V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Alan Roberts
Company Details: DTM Technologies
Company Position Title: owner
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: 1st time buyer with no hair left!

Post by AlanRoberts »

thanks for all your replies, Topcon GLS 2000, with my budget! :D maybe next year ;)
cheers all :)
JesusR
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Jesus Rodero
Company Details: Global Scan 3D
Company Position Title: Manager
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by JesusR »

Dear Alan, welcome to amazing world of laser scanners. You can see the great difficulty to choose an scanner or other one ;). I'm working with Leica C10 and I'm owner of a Faro focus3D 120 scanner. Really, both are very good hardware. Perhaps, Leica is more robust than Focus3D but heavier too. If you need move some distance among survey stationements you should choose Faro (your back will be grateful with you).

In the other hand, you should think to technical support and post-sales services too. Unfurtunately, Faro has a very, very bad post-sales service. You "must" calibrate the scanner every year (about 3000 €) and pray if something is broken or deconfigurate. The last time the in-built camera suddenly didn't work...6000 €...not having seen the scanner yet!!!

I'm sorry but I wouldn't recommend to buy a Faro scanner until they really improve their post-sales service.

Good luck and welcome again.

Jesus
jedfrechette
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Jed Frechette
Company Details: Lidar Guys
Company Position Title: CEO and Lidar Supervisor
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by jedfrechette »

I do have to concur with Jesus about the poor quality of Faro's technical support system. It is much more akin to dealing with a consumer electronics company than a professional tool company.
Jed

Return to “Product Comparison”