Company Details: Laser Scanning Forum Ltd
Company Position Title: Technical Director
Skype Name: phil.h.marsh
Linkedin Profile: Yes

iSTAR Measurement Module integrated

Post by Phil Marsh » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:14 am

iSTAR.jpg
https://www.nctechimaging.com/measurement-module/
The Measurement Module is delivered as an SDK and enables iSTAR users to take measurements from directly within a spherical image by combining a ‘stereo pair’ of iSTAR images. The accurate measurements generated are valuable for applications such as asset management, construction, forensic evidence collection and surveying. Key benefits to these markets include iSTAR’s high speed of capture and the ability to rapidly cover large areas on-site and take measurements later.

youtu.be/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Andy H
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Andrew Hunter
Company Details: Met Police
Company Position Title: Surveyor

Re: iSTAR Measurement Module integrated

Post by Andy H » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:54 pm

Interesting read. Is it possible to network adjust multiple setups and take measurements across them or are you limited to just measuring within a single location pair?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark Christy
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Mark Christy
Company Details: Veesus Ltd Arena4D.
Company Position Title: Technology Director

Post by Mark Christy » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:48 am

Phil Marsh wrote:
iSTAR.jpg
https://www.nctechimaging.com/measurement-module/
The Measurement Module is delivered as an SDK and enables iSTAR users to take measurements from directly within a spherical image by combining a ‘stereo pair’ of iSTAR images. The accurate measurements generated are valuable for applications such as asset management, construction, forensic evidence collection and surveying. Key benefits to these markets include iSTAR’s high speed of capture and the ability to rapidly cover large areas on-site and take measurements later.

youtu.be/
You beat me to it Phil :)

Thanks for sharing the video so people can see how it works.

Mark

Mark Christy
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Mark Christy
Company Details: Veesus Ltd Arena4D.
Company Position Title: Technology Director

Post by Mark Christy » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:49 am

Andy H wrote:Interesting read. Is it possible to network adjust multiple setups and take measurements across them or are you limited to just measuring within a single location pair?

Andy,

As far as the SDK is concerned it's just measurement within a single location pair. My brain can't even begin to untangle how you might do it across multiple setups.. however that's not to say NCTech aren't trying to figure that out as I type! :)

Cheers

Mark

Andy H
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Andrew Hunter
Company Details: Met Police
Company Position Title: Surveyor

Post by Andy H » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:31 pm

Mark Christy wrote:
Andy H wrote:Interesting read. Is it possible to network adjust multiple setups and take measurements across them or are you limited to just measuring within a single location pair?

Andy,

As far as the SDK is concerned it's just measurement within a single location pair. My brain can't even begin to untangle how you might do it across multiple setups.. however that's not to say NCTech aren't trying to figure that out as I type! :)

Cheers

Mark
We have used a similar solution in the past that allowed for network adjustment so I'm sure iStar can step up to the plate. The advantage being longer base lines that enable measurements over greater distances.

Return to “Arena4D”