Undet with Ares Commander - The n°1 alternative for CAD in DWG with high performance point cloud engine

Discuss Undet software here.
mariusP
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Marius Putrimas
Company Details: Terra Modus
Company Position Title: Undet product manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Undet with Ares Commander - The n°1 alternative for CAD in DWG with high performance point cloud engine

Post by mariusP »

Hi all,

We have a new product from Undet family :arrow:

Combining the powerful Undet project database with Ares Commander we created a cost-effective solution to work with point clouds in a familiar CAD User Interface. This solution allows you to have two workplaces for the price of one AutoCAD, making the overall conversion of point clouds into *.dwg CAD drawings quicker.

https://www.undet.com/undet-with-ares-commander/ - more info

youtu.be/nqN6k6m41JY

https://youtu.be/nqN6k6m41JY - overview video

Now we have solutions for different markets and price segments:

Undet with Ares Commander - cost saving solution to convert point clouds into *.dwg CAD drawings
Undet4Revit - simple workflow with point clouds in Revit without loading heavy RCP files
Undet4SketchUp - everyone can quickly and easily use any size of point clouds in SketchUp
Undet4AutoCAD – designed to optimize and automate the process from point clouds to building/site documentation

More information about Undet software https://www.undet.com ;)
Last edited by mariusP on Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Undet Point Cloud Software provides software solutions for AutoCAD, ARES Commander, Revit, and SketchUp point cloud users to save time, increase efficiency, and reduce errors in creating 3D models and 2D drawings.

:arrow: www.undet.com
Simon Judd
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: simon judd
Company Details: Precision Air Surveys Limited
Company Position Title: Owner

Re: New Undet cost saving solution to convert point clouds into *.dwg CAD drawings

Post by Simon Judd »

Well done to the Undet Team.

We are using all of these products making our drafting and modelling workflows simple and very efficient.

and make sure to look at the Undet browser when working with the plugins

Simon
mariusP
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: New Undet cost saving solution to convert point clouds into *.dwg CAD drawings

Post by mariusP »

Thank you Simon, for feedback :like:

Adding some more videos that were made by our CAD team member which is AutoCAD user:

youtu.be/VVXbD24OK2k
https://youtu.be/VVXbD24OK2k - Undet with Ares Commander: How to draw a building elevation from point clouds (workflow video)

youtu.be/pZCCXrX61dc
https://youtu.be/pZCCXrX61dc - Undet with Ares Commander: How to draw a floor plan drawing from point clouds (workflow video)

youtu.be/xLmslXuI9hg
https://youtu.be/xLmslXuI9hg - Undet with Ares Commander: How to draw a building section drawing from point clouds (workflow video)

Perhaps for most of you, Ares Commander with Undet is a new product. So why did we choose this platform to integrate Undet software?

1. It is the second CAD platform by active user count after Autodesk. (https://www.worldcadaccess.com/blog/201 ... users.html )
2. We got the best testing results for point cloud integration possibility, comparing to other platforms (bricscad, intellicad ...)
3. Good direct communication with development team.

ARES commander CAD platform is used by CorelCAD and Draft Site. This means that the system is reliable and has many users.

http://deelip.com/dassault-systemes-dra ... s-platform - Dassault Systemes DraftSight Based On Graebert’s ARES Platform
https://www.digitalengineering247.com/a ... ternative/ - CorelCAD 2018: An Affordable AutoCAD Alternative
https://www.graebert.com/blog/featured/ ... commander/ - Benefits of using ARES Commander
Undet Point Cloud Software provides software solutions for AutoCAD, ARES Commander, Revit, and SketchUp point cloud users to save time, increase efficiency, and reduce errors in creating 3D models and 2D drawings.

JonMag
I have made 60-70 posts
I have made 60-70 posts
Full Name: Jonathan Magal
Company Details: GeoMJ
Company Position Title: Géomètre

Post by JonMag »

@mariusP

I really love this combo Undet+Ares Commander. Exactly what I'm looking for.

Do you think that, in the future, some tools will be added to become as complete as the Undet for AutoCAD solution?
mariusP
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by mariusP »

@JonMag

Thank you for your feedback :like:

We currently working with new features for Undet with Ares Commander. Please share your ideas which are the most important features to have in Undet for Ares Commander? :?:

JonMag
I have made 60-70 posts
I have made 60-70 posts

Post by JonMag »

Hello actually some exctraction tools (line, surface) would be great but I don't know if it's even possible.

In a dream, some tools like you click on the corner of a window (in an other program) and the point appear in the CAD but it needs an other program...

The things I need must be implanted in Ares Commander, I already ask to the Graebert customer service.
mariusP
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by mariusP »

I think you will be happy with the new upcoming release of "Undet with Ares commander" 8-)

Regarding your question to add point object in CAD drawing. We have already integrated Undet Browser with Undet for Ares Commander.

Undet browser connects your scan data from Undet project with FARO SCENE Webshare Cloud or NAVVIS INDOORVIEWER services.

With Undet browser you can:

- Shift Clipping Box (View Section) location by clicking in the Undet Browser view. Shift can be in a Z-direction or in the 3D space (XYZ).
- Place 3D point in CAD model by click in Undet Browser
- Manually script function editing. Highly skilled AutoCAD and Ares Commander user can write their own script to get specific function, as for example: Insert AutoCAD block/annotation | Start to draw 3D line in selected 3D point.

Undet Browser is standalone software and it is free with Undet solution:
| Undet for Revit | Undet for AutoCAD | Undet with Ares Commander | :like:

Ares_commander.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JonMag
I have made 60-70 posts
I have made 60-70 posts

Post by JonMag »

Thank you for the reply.

If I have well understood, For the FARO SCENE Webshare Cloud , I need an account (790€/year)? I don't find the price for NAVVIS...

To be clear, I have a Leica BLK360 and I use Register360 (who is already expensive). I'm alone in my office, so 1€ is 1€... :D

All that said, I'm going to order Undet for Ares in a near future without a doubt.
JonMag
I have made 60-70 posts
I have made 60-70 posts

Post by JonMag »

mariusP wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:31 am @JonMag

Thank you for your feedback :like:

We currently working with new features for Undet with Ares Commander. Please share your ideas which are the most important features to have in Undet for Ares Commander? :?:
I just think of another great function : 1point or 2 points polyline (just like in Leica Cloudworx). You click two points on each wall (in a slice), it make a polyline and then make the fillet between the 2 walls. Real win of time... :D

Thanks again
gnuiorc_mda
I have made 60-70 posts
I have made 60-70 posts
Full Name: Giovanni Scocchera
Company Details: Meridian Design Associates
Company Position Title: Designer

Post by gnuiorc_mda »

Marius,
how long (days) is the Undet 4 Ares trial?

Thank you,
Gio

Return to “Undet”