Undet with Ares Commander - The n°1 alternative for CAD in DWG with high performance point cloud engine

Discuss Undet software here.
JonMag
I have made 60-70 posts
I have made 60-70 posts
Full Name: Jonathan Magal
Company Details: GeoMJ
Company Position Title: Géomètre

Re: New Undet cost saving solution to convert point clouds into *.dwg CAD drawings

Post by JonMag »

mariusP wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:53 am I think you will be happy with the new upcoming release of "Undet with Ares commander" 8-)

Regarding your question to add point object in CAD drawing. We have already integrated Undet Browser with Undet for Ares Commander.

Undet browser connects your scan data from Undet project with FARO SCENE Webshare Cloud or NAVVIS INDOORVIEWER services.

With Undet browser you can:

- Shift Clipping Box (View Section) location by clicking in the Undet Browser view. Shift can be in a Z-direction or in the 3D space (XYZ).
- Place 3D point in CAD model by click in Undet Browser
- Manually script function editing. Highly skilled AutoCAD and Ares Commander user can write their own script to get specific function, as for example: Insert AutoCAD block/annotation | Start to draw 3D line in selected 3D point.

Undet Browser is standalone software and it is free with Undet solution:
| Undet for Revit | Undet for AutoCAD | Undet with Ares Commander | :like:

Ares_commander.jpg
I'm testing NAVVIS. Is there a tutorial for Undet Browser? I export a point cloud but I don't konw what I must do after ... :?
mariusP
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Marius Putrimas
Company Details: Terra Modus
Company Position Title: Undet product manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: New Undet cost saving solution to convert point clouds into *.dwg CAD drawings

Post by mariusP »

JonMag wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:19 am Thank you for the reply.

If I have well understood, For the FARO SCENE Webshare Cloud , I need an account (790€/year)? I don't find the price for NAVVIS...

To be clear, I have a Leica BLK360 and I use Register360 (who is already expensive). I'm alone in my office, so 1€ is 1€... :D

All that said, I'm going to order Undet for Ares in a near future without a doubt.
@JonMag

Yes you are right -1€ is 1€.. We had developed Undet with Ares Commander in collaboration with the company Grabert as an alternative to AutoCAD. If your company has the CAD team which is concentrated on a daily task to draw: facade drawings, floor plans, sections mostly to do that is enough AutoCAD LT functions, but the problem is that you can't use point clouds in AutoCAD LT, and you need to buy full AutoCAD license to use 10% of AutoCAD. To have several or dozen licenses you need to spend a bunch of money for functionality that does not require for daily job. Our solution enables cost optimization for daily CAD works with point clouds.

Regarding, automatic wall line extraction, we have these functions in Undet for AutoCAD.
AutoLine - to extract a single wall line form point cloud with one click.
MultiCorner line - extract room wall outlines by clicking on each wall.

Undet browser overview.pdf
- here is a link to download Undet browser interface instruction.

To work with Undet browser you need to open the same Undet project / and data in Navvis or Faro Scene webshare cloud.

P.S. Undet with Ares Commander trial period 30 days.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Undet Point Cloud Software provides software solutions for AutoCAD, ARES Commander, Revit, and SketchUp point cloud users to save time, increase efficiency, and reduce errors in creating 3D models and 2D drawings.

:arrow: www.undet.com
gnuiorc_mda
I have made 60-70 posts
I have made 60-70 posts
Full Name: Giovanni Scocchera
Company Details: Meridian Design Associates
Company Position Title: Designer

Post by gnuiorc_mda »

mariusP wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:11 am Undet with Ares Commander trial period 30 days.
Thank you!

Gio
JonMag
I have made 60-70 posts
I have made 60-70 posts
Full Name: Jonathan Magal
Company Details: GeoMJ
Company Position Title: Géomètre

Post by JonMag »

@mariusP

Thank you very much. As you said, AutoCAD is a little bit too much for what I have to do. I'm testing Ares in parallel with Autocad... I will see what solution I'll take but it's probably the budget who will talk :D

I really like Ares with Undet, thank you for the good job!
mariusP
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by mariusP »

We will be exhibiting at INTERGEO next week (17 – 19 of September in STUTTGART, Germany) so stop by at our booth A3.030 in hall 3 to get latest Undet news. During the exhibition, we will be launching an updated Undet version for ARES Commander. We have complimentary invitations to the event. Let me know by private message if you need an invitation.

New and enhanced features:
1. Expanded and updated user interface
2. Added new automatic feature extraction functions from point clouds
3. Improved project coordinate management
4. Implemented Undet browser View Sync feature

Check sneak peek video is below, and if you would like to test before official update send me a private message. :arrow:

youtu.be/nTSg7KIH_Vs
Undet Point Cloud Software provides software solutions for AutoCAD, ARES Commander, Revit, and SketchUp point cloud users to save time, increase efficiency, and reduce errors in creating 3D models and 2D drawings.

mariusP
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: Undet with Ares Commander - The n°1 alternative for CAD in DWG with high performance point cloud engine

Post by mariusP »

Undet for Ares Commander version released today, and can be downloaded from Undet or Graebert page.

http://www.undet.com/undet-with-ares-commander/ - Undet page

https://www.graebert.com/cad-software/a ... r/plugins/ - Graeber page

Fully functioning trial version - 30 days. The same license can be used on PC and Laptop. 1 year bundle license (Undet + Ares Commander) ~750e ;)
Last edited by mariusP on Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx
Company Position Title: Owner

Re: Undet with Ares Commander - The n°1 alternative for CAD in DWG with high performance point cloud engine

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

Marius,

The Graeber link doesn't seem to work.
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]
mariusP
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by mariusP »

landmeterbeuckx wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:51 pm Marius,

The Graeber link doesn't seem to work.
Lieven Thank you for your reply, we will update link tomorrow morning. I had already sent the correct link to your email. ;)

P.S. For everyone who will download Undet with Ares Commander, I will send a personal email with the correct link, while we will update it in our system. Sorry for the inconvenience. :|

Return to “Undet”