Realworks and control points

Discuss Trimble Realworks software here.
Jessica28
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Jessica stevens
Company Details: Electrical
Company Position Title: CAD operator
Linkedin Profile: No

Realworks and control points

Post by Jessica28 »

Hello. I'm new to this forum and realworks. I've been self training. I've been trying to set control off of a scanned room but have not been able to. We scanned a room using the flat checkerboard targets. I registered the scan and was able to target the center of the targets in realworks. The field market the center of the target on site. I am trying to set control on a cad file based off of that center target and export it to a cad file so I can place more points and they can go back for layout. But the target centers that I tagged in realworks don't export. What am I doing wrong?!?

Thanks, Jess
vincent denis
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Vincent Denis
Company Details: GEOMESURE
Company Position Title: Technical Sales Engineer
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Realworks and control points

Post by vincent denis »

Hi,

Sorry i can't help you because I don't use anymore target on field. But i have a question, is there a reason to use target instead Auto-register usings planes?

Because it's the strong point of RW!
Jessica28
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts

Post by Jessica28 »

I do run auto register using planes. Sorry, I am very new to the software and my office is having me self train. I was told I could use the scan we generate and can make control points based off off the targets so our field can go back out with the rts total station and do layout. I'm just not sure how to do that...the center of the targets were marked in the field. I just thought I could use those to set control somehow. Maybe I was misinformed. I don't know. :?
tchaper
I have made 50-60 posts
I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: Thomas Chaperon
Company Details: Trimble
Company Position Title: Senior software engineer
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by tchaper »

Hi Jessica,
Not sure this is exactly what you'd like to do, but you can select the desired targets - e.g., by doing Ctrl+F with 'Flat Target' as type and selecting the ones you want in the list shown - then do 'Home>Export Object Properties', which will write all the information for each target to a RTF file.
I hope this helps.
Thanks,
Thomas
Jessica28
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts

Post by Jessica28 »

Yes! That is what I was trying to do! I thought there was a way to export that center point without having to export a separate file but that did work. I brought the rcp file into cad at 0,0 and then with those coordinates you told me to export I drew a dot at those coordinates and they are right in the target. : ). Thank you!

Return to “Trimble Realworks”