Merge Projects and Recap export

Discuss all Trimble Realworks related issues here.
kwiatu
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Jacek Kwiatkowski
Company Details: JL Consulting
Company Position Title: owner
Skype Name: jkwiatu
Linkedin Profile: No

Merge Projects and Recap export

Post by kwiatu » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:38 pm

A tip for today :)

Let’s say you have 2 projects, that need to be merged together. Project A.rwp with A1-A10 scans, and project B.rwp with B1-B10 scans. You open A.rwp import B.rwp and merge them for final registration. Everything works ok. You exported the e57 downsampled to get the viewpoints under NavisWorks check the project – everything is ok. So you select the final registered group and try to export to Recap .rcp project. You check and….#@@#@ ??? only the scans assigned oryginaly to A.rwp got exported, the scans from B.rwp did not ???? so you do it again and the same only A1-A10 scans got exported. It’s Recap bug…I just had a pleasure of doin this with 240 scans with 5 groups. The walkaround for this case is to register A.rwp save the project. Register B.rwp save the project. Save georeferenced position of the scans in A.rwp ( export to TZF files ) Save georeferenced position of the scans in B.rwp ( export to TZF files ) Import A1-A10,B1-B10 scans ( with saved georeferenced position) into a new project, sample the scans. Save A-group and B-group. Register the groups together by cloud 2 cloud. Select the final registered group and export everything into recap.

Still love TRW but this kind of information should be known to us.

NAZEEM
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Nazeem
Company Details: Conserve Green Building and MEP Solution
Company Position Title: BIM Modeler

Re: Merge Projects and Recap export

Post by NAZEEM » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:15 am

Thanks for the information while am exporting .rwp file into .rcp i get georefferanced point clouds but I the real view panaromic image are missing in the recap file , please advise to get panaromic image (Real Views ) in Recap also while exporting from realworks.

kwiatu
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Jacek Kwiatkowski
Company Details: JL Consulting
Company Position Title: owner
Skype Name: jkwiatu

Re: Merge Projects and Recap export

Post by kwiatu » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:30 am

Why do need the realview for ? if you have that information in Realworks. Trust me - Recap is only good for importing into Autodesk Products such as Navis Works, Inventor, Autocad...anyway if you must...

1) Sample the project by step 1
2 Export each TZF file as ptx or e57
3) Import the exported files into recap and your set

You will have the realviews...

Return to “Trimble Realworks”