Full Name: Duy Pham
Company Details: Land Surveys
Company Position Title: Project surveyor
Skype Name: phamduysc
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: MS60 scan data

Post by phamduysc »

MalteHC wrote:Hi guys

I just got the MS60 and tried scanning with it. This station is totally new to me and i have only been working with leicas totalstations before.
I tried to make a scanning, that went succesfully, now is my problem, how do i export this scan to an ascii file (XYZ RGB)? Cause when i try to do it from the remote, only the stationposition gets exportet, nor the point cloud! I can export the pointcloud to an .sdb file, but as far as i can read, it only can be importet to cyclone and i want to open the file in Meshlab.
Any advise?
You can contact to your supplier for LISCAD, a software from LISTECH which can transfer from SDB to PTS, XYZ .... with more affordable price than Cyclone :D. They (Leica supplier) suggest me to use this.
Duy Pham | Surveyor
stockholmscan
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: Alan P
Company Details: GEOstockholm
Company Position Title: civil engineer
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by stockholmscan »

Mark Francis wrote:Hi Malte,

You are not missing anything. The sdb (scan database) file on the MS60 (or controller) needs importing into office software such as Cyclone, or Leica Infinity or compatible 3rd party software first before exporting ASCII or PTS or E57 etc.

Hi Guys,

Why I cannot see that it is possible to import the SDB file to Cyclone, What I can do is to export the scan project to XML format and then import to Cyclone.

Here is a screenshot, on the left shows all the formats that are supported when we import scans through right clicking a database in cyclone; on the right is from the main menue: File, here we can see Nova Serie, but still not sdb option..

do I miss sth. ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jamesworrell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: James Worrell
Company Details: Bennett and Francis
Company Position Title: Director
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by jamesworrell »

Version of Cyclone? Latest few versions have an Import MS50/MS60 option .. near where the Import ScanStation etc is ..

See page 11 - got MS50 there .. same same:

https://survey.crkennedy.com.au/sites/d ... torial.pdf
stockholmscan
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: Alan P
Company Details: GEOstockholm
Company Position Title: civil engineer
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by stockholmscan »

jamesworrell wrote:Version of Cyclone? Latest few versions have an Import MS50/MS60 option .. near where the Import ScanStation etc is ..

See page 11 - got MS50 there .. same same:

https://survey.crkennedy.com.au/sites/d ... torial.pdf

Hi James,

Yes, we have the lastest version, 9.1.5 and as I described, I can see the option ¨Import Nova Multistation¨ option, but I can only select XML format in the window. See screenshots.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Total Station Scanners”