V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Arash Yaghoubi
Company Details: Hypsometric
Company Position Title: Director of Cartography
Linkedin Profile: No

MS60

Post by hypsometric »

has anyone here used an MS60 yet? Interested in testing one... but I cant even find the user manual online or decent youtube video about its features... kind want to get that out of way before I have to start dealing with sales reps and bloated quotes.

for the ms50 users what's no-go software all about? (old chevy nova joke...)

haha I actually wonder if they can sell it in latin american countries with NOVA written all over it.
jamesworrell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: James Worrell
Company Details: Bennett and Francis
Company Position Title: Director
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: MS60

Post by jamesworrell »

Haven't used or seen .. but this video is interesting. More on the Infinity software - but the imaging and scanning data from an MS60 is used in the demo.

youtu.be/

Interesting times ..
Andrej
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Andrej
Company Details: Meixner Vermessung and Freelancer
Company Position Title: Project Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by Andrej »

Hi

we are using the MS50 and it is a very good instrument. I will only short go into the issues I having

- data transfer between Instrument and controller is to slow by meaning if you use the controller to do photos
prepare to have a coffee for each photo. If you are doing longer scans it will take 25% longer if you run this over
the controller
- lock to target is still bad in short range has not improve in my opinion to the 1200 series
- joystick mode is as slow as 1200 series which I can't understand as the instrument can move much faster if you
turn to a knowing point or change faces
- stich processing of photos is very time consuming and is not running in the background
- 360 panorama don't even try this takes ages - You can do this with the Iphone in seconds can't understand why
leica don't offer a lower quality pano like this

I haven't seen the MS60 yet but heard that some of the problems improved especially from the software site.

Andrej
hypsometric
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Arash Yaghoubi
Company Details: Hypsometric
Company Position Title: Director of Cartography
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by hypsometric »

oh cool thanks for the info...

isnt it weird how big companies have totally weird issues like that?
It sounds like they had a bunch of survey guys do the photo capture product... you know the guys who dont understand what the "good enough" metrics means and spend have the dev time worrying about alignment issues and UX/UI has to pass muster with their brains bc they are "surveyors too" so somehow their bullshit three points per hour personal best is how everyone's optimal workflow. But then again most product dev has sorts of issues...

what bothers me is how when you explain they say one of two things:

1. this is the first time I am hearing about this, no one else seems to be complaining

2. oh "they" (dev team) know about this but we have to choose our battles

cheers to Leica for trying....

Dear Leica,

Please send me an MS60 so that I can review it and give you positive feedback and a potential sale.

Return to “Total Station Scanners”