What systems capture photogrammetry and Lidar at the same time

Discuss all your Aerial Lidar topics here including, Aeroplane, Helicopter & UAV
Theo3D
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Theo Turner
Company Details: Darkwing Aerials
Company Position Title: Darkwing Aerials
Linkedin Profile: Yes

What systems capture photogrammetry and Lidar at the same time

Post by Theo3D »

I work for a drone company that does industrial inspections of tall structures.
Most of the structures have micro details like antennas, struts and grates.
Our current scanning process to create point clouds and 3D mesh models utilizes standard drone images and Pix4D.
As a result we lose micro details and end up with an OK point cloud but a terrible 3D mesh model.
We are trying to give our clients a 3D model with excellent detail and picture accurate textures.

Are there any aerial camera setups out there that captures Lidar and RGB images at the same time to create a perfect model?
If so then what software can be used to process this combined data set to create a point cloud and 3D mesh?
I am specifically referring to scanning tall structures and not terrain mapping.
All I can find is theories on the subject and advice on how to combine separate point clouds from Lidar and photogrammetry software.
I am looking for a one camera + one processing software solution.

I have found Geodetics, a company from San Diego, but I'm not sure yet if they are what I'm looking for. https://geodetics.com/
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You
maatje
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Nelson Mattie
Company Details: LiDAR Latinoamerica SpA
Company Position Title: Business Owner
Skype Name: nmattie

Re: What systems capture photogrammetry and Lidar at the same time

Post by maatje »

Hi, we have two options of integrated systems with LiDAR + RGB Camera, we also including: training, software to process trajectory, export LAS files an to make colorizing or RGB encoding.

Both systems are compatible with Matrice 300 RTK. So you can contact us to [email protected] or visit https://www.lidarlatinoamerica.com/stor ... erica.com/ we can send you the brochures of the systems, prices and detail information.

Best regards
landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx
Company Position Title: Owner

Re: What systems capture photogrammetry and Lidar at the same time

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

Theo3D wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:29 pm I work for a drone company that does industrial inspections of tall structures.
Most of the structures have micro details like antennas, struts and grates.
Our current scanning process to create point clouds and 3D mesh models utilizes standard drone images and Pix4D.
As a result we lose micro details and end up with an OK point cloud but a terrible 3D mesh model.
We are trying to give our clients a 3D model with excellent detail and picture accurate textures.

Are there any aerial camera setups out there that captures Lidar and RGB images at the same time to create a perfect model?
If so then what software can be used to process this combined data set to create a point cloud and 3D mesh?
I am specifically referring to scanning tall structures and not terrain mapping.
All I can find is theories on the subject and advice on how to combine separate point clouds from Lidar and photogrammetry software.
I am looking for a one camera + one processing software solution.

I have found Geodetics, a company from San Diego, but I'm not sure yet if they are what I'm looking for. https://geodetics.com/
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You
Why meshing all micro details. I'm curious to know how many of these models collect dust on hard drives and are never to be used. The only ones that gain are meshing providers who ask top $$ for these things.

Yep cable x runs 10cm from the bottom, no it's 10,5cm. Oh my god!!
We can still keep using our cell phones though :roll:

Check out this post. Simple 2d circles which gives all the info needed and at a normal cost. No need for fancy stuff to be produced but lidar made the measuring very easy compared to TS. That's what it's about, technology.
https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/ur ... 993917440/
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]

Return to “Aerial Lidar”