Full Name: John Halifax
Company Details: Mining Surveys UK Ltd
Company Position Title: Director
Skype Name: john_halifax
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Loading Only Selected Scans

Post by johnhalifax »

Hi Guys,

Any TopoDot users out there who can help.

Is there a way to load only certain selected scans into TopoDot?

Several scans may be undertaken at each scan location. Some of the scans will be used to locate targets and are not required after registration. If all the scans are loaded, which adds time, the mapped scan locations show multiple symbols.
DTerneus
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: David Terneus
Company Details: TopoDOT
Company Position Title: Lead Web Developer
Skype Name: david.terneus
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Loading Only Selected Scans

Post by DTerneus »

John,

Mike already got back to you, but I can present a solution for anyone wondering as well.

It depends on how the project is set up: whether you're loading straight from an RXP project or from a folder of LAS files.

If you're mapping straight from an RXP project, there is a tool you can use that will let you change which point cloud file is associated with the scan position. It is the "Mapped File Index" tool in the Point Cloud Project Management Toolbox.

If you're mapping a folder of LAS/DOT files, it get's a little more complicated. The specific problem you were having is that you had extra scans on one scan position (extras from target fine scans and such), but only wanted to load in one 360 scan. We don't have a streamlined solution for this quite yet, so the solution is more of a hotfix until we can add in an easier method. You can either remove the extra LAS/DOT files from your folder of data and remap the folder OR edit the .tvw file directly and delete the extra entries for the scans you don't want.

Let us know if you need more help.

David

Return to “TopoDOT”