Poor Panoramic Image Viewing on Recap

Discuss Autodesk ReCap Studio software here.
Carlosqueiroz
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Carlos Alberto Queiroz Junior
Company Details: Dont have
Company Position Title: Dont have
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Poor Panoramic Image Viewing on Recap

Post by Carlosqueiroz »

Hi,

We are having trouble getting point cloud file in .RCP format with good quality for viewing panoramic images.
Workflow: 1 - Scans with Leica, model RTC360.
2 - Processing in Cyclone Register360.
3 - Export of files in formats: E57.
4 - Obtaining a file in RCP format in the RECAP Version 2022 software.

Report: 1 - When we export via Cyclone the files in E57 format and import them to RECAP to generate an RCP file, we get a low quality view of the panoramic images as shown in annex 1.2 - Places where points were deleted within Cyclone are without image preview.

Image 1: Cleaning performed on Cyclone. Exporting the e57 file and generating the RCP file in RECAP.

Obs.: Obtaining the RCP file from a FARO brand scanner, through the SCENE software we have the file with the presence of panoramic image and better image resolution. We would like to know what workflow we need to follow so that our RCP file has the panoramic image not only where the points are present. Unfortunately, it is unavoidable that our customers compare the point clouds of our equipment (RTC360) with those obtained on the FARO equipment, as their 360º image view is proving superior (Image 2).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Adam Berta
Company Details: InnoScan 3D Hungary Kft
Company Position Title: unknown
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Poor Panoramic Image Viewing on Recap

Post by badam »

within leica environments you can only have images in recap if you pay for publisher pro subscription and then export rcp directly from register360 or cyclone register. You need to export separated setups.
kevin.grover
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: Kevin Grover
Company Details: McElhanney
Company Position Title: Advanced Research and Technology Leader
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by kevin.grover »

So this also depends on what version of Register360 you are using. Version 2020.1 has a new option for "Export structured E57 in Compatibility Format" which is to be more compatible with Recap (and you don't need the Publisher Pro license). The release notes for this version outline the update.

You need to have that checked as being turned on, in order to get the proper imagery into Recap.

All part of the debacle with the E57 file structure which all software firms seem to read / write differently (especially images).
Kevin Grover
Prevu3D - Head of Product
https://www.prevu3d.com/
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by badam »

kevin.grover wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:40 pm So this also depends on what version of Register360 you are using. Version 2020.1 has a new option for "Export structured E57 in Compatibility Format" which is to be more compatible with Recap (and you don't need the Publisher Pro license). The release notes for this version outline the update.

You need to have that checked as being turned on, in order to get the proper imagery into Recap.

All part of the debacle with the E57 file structure which all software firms seem to read / write differently (especially images).
I think you mean 2021.X.X release but i exported few setups just for the test, and it didn't exported the photos to recap, maybe need a specific recap version as well?
legacy_imageTest.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mrhunt
I have made 60-70 posts
I have made 60-70 posts
Full Name: Michael H
Company Details: CFM
Company Position Title: Senior Surveyor

Post by mrhunt »

badam wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:18 pm within leica environments you can only have images in recap if you pay for publisher pro subscription and then export rcp directly from register360 or cyclone register. You need to export separated setups.
How do you export images with the point cloud to .rcp within Cyclone register? I can only get the points to export.
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by badam »

I don't have register license and never used that i just heard that it can be done, but the publisher license is required and the pointcloud cannot be unified and you need to export the setups not the model space (i'm not sure if used the terms correctly here), And an additional thing is that you might need to create the multiimages... But as i said i never used register, just reg 360.

And i suppose publisher pro is a must to export to rcp.
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by badam »

kevin.grover wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:40 pm So this also depends on what version of Register360 you are using. Version 2020.1 has a new option for "Export structured E57 in Compatibility Format" which is to be more compatible with Recap (and you don't need the Publisher Pro license). The release notes for this version outline the update.

but it certainly makes the e57s unreadable by PDAL, so it would only worth the effort to preconvert the setups before pdal if it would realy create normal panoramic image in recap, but it might doesjust require a newer recap? I've used 2019 version, usually we never bother the users with recap if it is not a must, because to view images in recap is just painfully slow.
mrhunt
I have made 60-70 posts
I have made 60-70 posts
Full Name: Michael H
Company Details: CFM
Company Position Title: Senior Surveyor

Post by mrhunt »

I was just told by Leica support that Recap doesn't support Leica photos. The bubble views published from Cyclone will only have the colored point cloud. This is quite the disappointment.

Return to “Autodesk ReCap Studio”