Importing scan data from RTC360

Discuss Autodesk ReCap Studio software here.
KrisJ
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Kristofer Johansson
Company Details: KJ Consulting
Company Position Title: CEO
Linkedin Profile: No

Importing scan data from RTC360

Post by KrisJ »

Hello!

First post here, thanks guys for a great forum!

I have a bunch of raw scanning data from RTC360. Copied (with intact folder-structure) directly from the RTC360's USB-flashdrive to my SSD.

I know it is not ideal (trust me) but I'd like to know if there is any way to get that data inside Autodesk ReCap Pro for registering the scans or just simply view each scan position one-by-one. I feel like I have read that it should be possible to register with ReCap same as it is possible with BLK360 data but I have spent an hour trying now and can't figure out how to import the RTC360-data...

What I'm trying: (In ReCap Pro 2021)
1. Start new project.
2. I get stuck on this next step, trying to import data because I find no supported file-type.
I tried creating dummy "project.rtc360"-file and dummy "project.prj"-file but this doesn't do the trick either.

So: Is it possible to import raw data from RTC360? If so: How to do it?

Thanks!
/Kris
Scott.Warren
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Scott Warren
Company Details: WSP Canada
Company Position Title: Project Manager - Geomatics Engineer
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Importing scan data from RTC360

Post by Scott.Warren »

I very much doubt you can open raw RTC360 datafiles in anything other than Reg360 or Cyclone Core, would be interesting if there was a way.

If you wanted to view them prior, might be easier to use the Android/iOS app to flip through them.
KrisJ
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Kristofer Johansson
Company Details: KJ Consulting
Company Position Title: CEO
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by KrisJ »

Thanks for the reply Scott!

You may well be right about that, there is just the fact that it seems to work fine with P-series scanners.

youtu.be/2TIrQ888rIA
(Example of importing P16-data: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TIrQ888rIA)
And of course we know it works with the BLK360 so it just seems a little off to me that it wouldn't work with the RTC360.

Also I seem to remember reading about someone doing this here on the forum but I can't find it so maybe my memory fails me...

(I'd like to take a few measurements inside the pointclouds to evaluate precision so previews are not good enough.)

Anyway, appreciate any input.
/Kris
LeicaUK_RC
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Phil Marsh
Company Details: Leica Geosystems part of Hexagon
Company Position Title: Reality Capture Director UK
Skype Name: Phil.H.Marsh

Post by LeicaUK_RC »

Leica ScabStation P16 data was always planned to be able to import directly into RECAP as was the P15. No other scanner can do this so for RTC360 you will need to go through REG360 or Cyclone REGISTER.
Leica Geosystems
M: 07540 201383
E: [email protected]
W: www.leica-geosystems.com
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1

Post by gsisman »

KrisJ wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 3:07 pm Hello!

First post here, thanks guys for a great forum!

I have a bunch of raw scanning data from RTC360. Copied (with intact folder-structure) directly from the RTC360's USB-flashdrive to my SSD.

I know it is not ideal (trust me) but I'd like to know if there is any way to get that data inside Autodesk ReCap Pro for registering the scans or just simply view each scan position one-by-one. I feel like I have read that it should be possible to register with ReCap same as it is possible with BLK360 data but I have spent an hour trying now and can't figure out how to import the RTC360-data...

What I'm trying: (In ReCap Pro 2021)
1. Start new project.
2. I get stuck on this next step, trying to import data because I find no supported file-type.
I tried creating dummy "project.rtc360"-file and dummy "project.prj"-file but this doesn't do the trick either.

So: Is it possible to import raw data from RTC360? If so: How to do it?

Thanks!
/Kris
Kris,

You can't do it, But if you want to post the data somewhere I can import it over night in one of our Register 360 copies and send you an e57 or RCP that you can import. Do you want photo spheres in Recap. How much data is it. Did you have VIS on while scanning (Will autoregister when imported then). We have a pretty fast Internet- 1GB

Return to “Autodesk ReCap Studio”