Recap Saving and Save-As Hang Up Issues (Remove Points) 4.2.2.15

Discuss Autodesk ReCap Studio software here.
silviaks90
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: Kyle Pickering
Company Details: ONSITE3D
Company Position Title: Co-Founder
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Recap Saving and Save-As Hang Up Issues (Remove Points) 4.2.2.15

Post by silviaks90 »

Is anyone having issues with the newest release of Recap in regards to project saving and save-as commands? Across all our machines Recap/Recap Pro we cannot get a project to perform a save as reliably.

To preface we are using triple Samsung Pro m.2 drives for all projects (1 drive for temporary files 500GB, 1 drive for location 1TB and one drive for destination 1TB). We start with exported FLS files from scene.

Working in the project cleaning points, saving often will produce mixed time results of a couple seconds and 20 mins to a couple hours, almost without reason. We try to perform saves every few minutes too not lose data in the event of a crash. Typically we would perform a Save-As half way through clean up to get rid of the backlog of revisions.

The last couple weeks we have noticed Recap will become almost unusable after too many saves and then the save-as function almost doesnt work anymore. I have left a few of the projects for over 24 hours with no success. It does not seem too depend on file sizes, I have been trying everything from 20GB to 400GB with no change. It will complete the copy file projects portion over in a few minutes and then hang on "Removing Points" perhaps indefinitely with very little activity in resources.

Does anyone have any thoughts? Or has had issues on their end? In the meantime we are having too revert back too cleaning in Scene which is ultra time consuming.
Kyle Pickering
Co-Founder and Designer, ONSITE3D
DanielNMP87
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: Daniel Neagu
Company Details: XYZ
Company Position Title: Surveyor
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Recap Saving and Save-As Hang Up Issues (Remove Points) 4.2.2.15

Post by DanielNMP87 »

Hi there,

Have you checked the temp file? maybe it's clogged because of too many saves....Also the rcp has built in backups, check for projectname.rcp.bk inside the support file, hope it helps...

Return to “Autodesk ReCap Studio”